Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a seasonal campground close to the lake for boating, fishing and family activities like Cedar Point & the Islands. Camper is 30' overall and I have camped my whole life but this will be the first time at a seasonal place. I also have a boat but don't necessarily need a dock just a place to launch or drive close to a launch. I'm not looking for one of those places where you park you camper in a big stone field and walk right out to your boat slip. Also not looking for the RV park where people bring huge bus types and sit inside and watch tv. I want a campground with trees, bike trails & nature compatible to state parks. Water & electric are a must and sewer would be a bonus. The wife also wants a nice shower house. Other bonuses would be a pool or river/lake to swim and for kids to play. I live in Bath (Akron Area) and would like to stay between Vermilion & Sandusky Bay area. The closer to Vermilion the better but would be willing to travel further west if the place is right. Family atmosphere is a must not looking for a boozefest weekend. If anyone has any recommendations feel free to post, PM, text or call. Thanks Nick 440-319-9034

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Try cedar Lane campground on rt 53 Catawba. Clean, well managed campground with two pools

·
Registered
752 Posts
Try cedar Lane campground on rt 53 Catawba. Clean, well managed campground with two pools
Agree with Mike here.........Cedar Lane is well run, clean, close to everything, and many marina's and launch's...only problem may be getting a seasonal spot.....because of the amenities Mike mentioned, it is a very popular place. We have had many great transient stays with them........ AH2

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great info guys I was hoping to stay a little further east but there aren't many options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts