close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Season is here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trucked, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Now that the season for bugs and skeeters is here, let me warn all you guys/gals about spraying your bug spray. (Off and other brands)

If you are wearing glasses or lenses that are PLASTIC, including your compass lense and any tackle box that has plastic see thru covers, DO NOT SPRAY AROUND IT OR WHERE THE WIND/BREEZE CAN BLOW ANY OF THE SPRAY OVER, AROUND AND ON THE PLASTIC.

This is what happens when it hits the plastic. Also, you cannot correct it. It WON'T wipe off. It BURNS right into the plastic.
    I ruined my prescription glasses last year and these two items also.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Just some info for everyone.

Thanks.

2. Good tip...I have a clear top tackle box that looks just like that now.

3. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Ok, so don't get this stuff on plastic or glass, but go ahead and spray it on your skin. I think I'd rather get a couple mosquito bites!

CG

5. I was thinking the same thing! :D

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

DEET is an excellent solvent and plasticizer.
    PET like used in 2 liter bottles is resistant to it though. PVC turns to a rubber band consistancy.
    I had a sample of bug spray I made in my old truck's glovebox. It leaked one day and you could just wipe the plastic glove box away with a paper towel.
    Your skin is not a plastic. You'll be fine.

7. what about the chemicals in the bug fogger machines?

8. Some people have plastic skin!!!

9. you guys haven't been out on Griggs or O'Shay for any length of time at NIGHT? There usually is AT LEAST 2-300 LARGE mosquitoes flying around your head waiting for you to sit or stand still. I mean the large one that drag their legs. Know which ones I mean? The ones that give you a bite that is the size of a Nickle or Quarter. Actually I use Skin So Soft from Avon. It is fantastic for keeping skeeters off.