Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips on where I can get on some crappie or saugeyes from the shore? Or any species for that matter... I don’t have a boat so I’ve been fishing dinky ponds around Union and Delaware county as well as wading the Scioto, but I would like to change up species a bit. It just seems almost impossible, especially at the bigger areas without a boat. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Crappie fishing at both Hoover and alum should be pretty good from shore for the next few weeks. My advice would be to not fish where everyone else is fishing. Keep moving around until you find them. There's trails all over the place at alum, just do some walking and exploring. Hoover is a little tougher to find unoccupied places.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was on Alum Sunday and the Crappies were tight to the banks. Minnows on slip bobbers would be perfect. There are lots of trails into, off the beaten path spots, at Alum. Pack light and hike. This week the spawn is on. I recommend Big Run area.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Alum, Deer Creek & Hoover are all on right now and plenty of shoreline for non boaters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts