close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Searching for a Western Basin Walleye Ice Fishing Guide

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by mark34, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Any suggestions? I have no idea what to expect as far as price, what is included, how long do you fish for, etc? Any referrals or experiences (positive or negative) would be appreciated. Don't know if there will be a season this year, but if there is I, and a few friends, would like to give it a shot.

2. hawgjam

hawgjam smell my finger

How about the Islands???...Give Bud Gehring a call...(419)261-0165 or www.fishingcharterslakeerie.com. He's out of South Bass. $75/day w/ bait and heated shanty. He'll do you right...catch some great fish w/him every year. No fishable ice there yet...talked with him two days ago. Looking at the long range weather forcast, I really don't know if we'll have an ice season this year on Erie. As for myself, I'm going further north (Iron Mountain and Escanaba/Gladstone) this weekend. I need an ice fix!!! Maybe go to Erie in Feb???

3. ggrem

ggrem OGF Member

Contact a guy by the name of Reel Magic!

4. I second that Bud gehring is a good man. he'll treat you right.

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

that link is no good. Come up not available.

I agree either of the guys mentioned are both great.

7. Thanks for the info guys. I spoke to Bud today. He said that there was a about 6-8 inches where he was standing (he literally was testing the ice when i called). He is setting up his stff now between S. bass and Green and thought he should be ready to go by Tues or Wednesday.