close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seagulls

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Feb 17, 2005.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Did anyone else witness the hordes of seagulls hovering over the scioto this morning? The entire way from W.5th to downtown along 33 there were thousands of them. Maybe it's a good sign for the fishing!

2. I went down below griggs on tuesday and didn't even get a bite but did see a lot of 2-3" shad floating by and starting to die off. I bet that 's what the seagulls might have been eating. Below the damn there was a few calm holes and I seen thousands of dead shad. If you want to get some fresh shad for catfish, I suggest you get down there b-4 it's too late. As I was leaving a few guys walked down with buckets and nets and no poles.

Good Luck
    whitebass :D

3. Seagulls are the original fish finder!

4. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

fishingredhawk....I noticed the gulls near 5th on monday on my way to class, figured there must be a TON a shad somewhere....FInd the gulls, Find the shad, Find the Fish

5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Also the shad should continue to die as long as the water is cold and turbid...Should get a few more chances to get some cat bait! :)

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Acklac, if you wannt hit up griggs this weekend, PM me

7. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Griggs has been so/so, the flood really came through and messed the holes up, BIG TIME. What used to be a productive sand bar is now a 3ft pile of detritus (leaves,sticks other organic debris). It will be good agian, but it might take a few months, and a few more floods.

8. I seen about 15 of them at Wal marts parking lot!!!figure that out?? must be lost?? I thought I was in Myrtle Beach??

9. sure you wasn't day dreaming rick?

if a certian someone has it their way the only one's i'll see is in my day dreams, wonder if I can catch a bass in the water cooler?