Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody has any suggestions on how to clean up the water line on my aluminum boat. It was stained when I bought it and I've never been able to get it completely clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
I am what I eat.
1,629 Posts
I use Simple Green. I mix it 75% water+25% Simple Green in a spray bottle. I spray it on. Let it set in a few minutes. Then spray again while whipping it off with a towel. I barely have to use any force. It eats it.
X2! Simple Green is the best thing I've found. I use it to clean out the livewell, and, it works great for cleaning out a fishy smelling cooler too.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use Simple Green. I mix it 75% water+25% Simple Green in a spray bottle. I spray it on. Let it set in a few minutes. Then spray again while whipping it off with a towel. I barely have to use any force. It eats it.
I've used Simple Green and it got it cleaner then anything else.....but the line was still visible.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you try a boat wax, like 3M Cleaner/Wax?
No didn't try to wax or buff it......thought maybe that might just put a coating over it and not actually clean it. I'm gonna try some clr on a small spot to see and maybe some of that wax on another and see what works best. Elbow grease isn't cutting it.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
No didn't try to wax or buff it......thought maybe that might just put a coating over it and not actually clean it. I'm gonna try some clr on a small spot to see and maybe some of that wax on another and see what works best. Elbow grease isn't cutting it.

I get dark stains on my gelcoat around the motors. 3M wax shines it up like a brand new penny! ;)

·
Set The Hook`
4,215 Posts
surprisingly Rural King came out with a nice spray wax that works WONDERS. No joke. After every trip we spray it on and wipe it off with 0 Issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts