Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1500-2000 pounds in scrap aluminum waiting for it to bounce back will it ever happen it was .25 cents couple weeks ago it use to be worth .50-60 cents years ago kind of not worth storing it hauling it dealing with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You might be able to shop it since you have a quantity of it and get a few extra cents per pound. With time and gas it hardly pays anymore.
Don’t see it coming up soon- everybody’s been home cleaning up and needing money so there’s no shortage

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
its hard to say if it will bounce back anytime soon, its a real fickel market and it has been that way for over 3 years. over the years in const. i would bring home copper alum. brass and steel and up to about 6 years ago the prices started dropping, but dont be in a hurry to let it go because you never know when we will have a shortage of alum. could end up being $$$$

·
'Super Moderator'
13,068 Posts
Sadly...our future steel prices will largely be determined by if tariffs set on China by the U.S. are successful or not.
The 'Not so Free'...Free Trade Agreement with China as far as the steel industry goes is like many other business aspects of the Free Trade Agreement when dealing with China...very lopsided:
https://www.nber.org/feldstein/projectsyndicatemar152018.html

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
As of now Pepsi, Coke, and 7-Up have curtailed much of their production of off flavors... If you notice, its just pepsi, mt. dew, coke, coke zero,m sprite. They can not get Aluminum cans. You are seeing some good sales on 6 pack of bottles.. Today I hung sale tags on 6 packs for 4/10 bucks. 12 pks cans are 3/12.99

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We use to break glass out of storm windows and get $50 a day now five years ago we now get $15 it sucks my guys don’t want to haul it around in there truck so I am keeping it in hopes it comes around

·
Banned
2,666 Posts
I've lived through that f'n free trade crap deal. Worst of B.S. that came down the pipe. I can tell you many stories about this zhit. Nothing but bad news!! Many jobs and friends, laid off. Just to make certain people rich.I worked for a union company. And our low life union backed this garbage for their own job security; and screw everyone else. Sorry about the rant. Just a sore subject for me.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was given a local price, Barlow Ohio, of .15 cents a lb. I'll set the cans out for trash pick-up before I'll help with the aluminum can shortage for 15 cents a pound. If they can buy what they need that cheap prices will never go back up. At one time I heard of a price being paid of 80 cents a pound for cans.

·
The end is near
7,789 Posts
I was given a local price, Barlow Ohio, of .15 cents a lb. I'll set the cans out for trash pick-up before I'll help with the aluminum can shortage for 15 cents a pound. If they can buy what they need that cheap prices will never go back up. At one time I heard of a price being paid of 80 cents a pound for cans.
Barlow? Did Veto Lake ever rebound?
(sorry for the derailing...it's in my blood) :)
How are the strip mines?

·
Carp53.65
4,235 Posts
Ever notice how scrap prices reflect the gas price? They seem to follow the same highs or lows.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Like I said scrap use to be .60 cents for dirty storm frames now .25 clean sheet use to be .80 a pound homeowners always wanted to keep the storms we were tearing off not anymore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts