close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

scout srt

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by jjpugh, Jan 22, 2009.

1. jjpugh

jjpugh sparkeye

went out this past week with a friend and he decieded he wanted to try out my aqua view. didnt have it in his hands 30 sec. and droped the camera. it broke off the tail. is anyone as unfortunate as me to know if it is still waterproof. we used it that day but i dont want my $400 equipment ruined because of this. any help is great

2. My tail is broke off too i put it in the sink and it still worked but i am leary on puttin it 10-15 ft down with all the pressure so any info will help both of us thanks ~Evin~

3. If the body isn't cracked it would seem that it would be ok. Just to be sure, I would suggest getting some marine grade underwater silicone and covering the area that broke off and 1/2" or so all around it in case there is some micro-cracks that you can't see.

4. jjpugh

jjpugh sparkeye

talked to a friend he said if you call the manufactor theyll send a new fish out for the price of shipping. dont know if its true and there not open till monday so ill call monday and let ya know

5. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

My 2 cents, If it is broke, you can't use it anyway, toss it down and see what happens. If you want to be safe, follow nixmkt's advise. If you're gonna replace it, again, see what happens. Gear breaks all the time. I feel for ya. I bet you're buddy is certainly more upset about this than you are.