Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ohio Hawg Hunter
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from college yesterday and was already missing my normal smallmouth creek. So I waded the scioto tonight at about 8. Water was really stained, couldn't see bottom at all. Started throwing a rattle trap with no luck, so I switched to a suspending rapala and within two casts had on what I think was probably a 20 inch smallie. I battled it for a bit, and it took a few acrobatic jumps. My heart was racing, but then it just started stripping line, and before I knew it it had snapped by 6lb test. I'm only writing this now because I need to get my frustration out. Man am I ticked right now. Ended up landing one smallie about 12 inches and a nice little rock bass. Anyways, I am mad. At least I am the frogger champion I guess ;)

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
I know how you feel. I lost a monster LM two years ago and I still kick myself for that. Remember it well. Good job on catching one and there's always next time. At least you know there are quality fish there. And I will be back to reclaim my Frogger title, thank you.

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Good to see you back here for a while. Tough luck on the smallie man. Sure wish that I had been there to see it. I think the dam is still a little too wild right now to fish there. Maybe in a few days it will calm down a bit.How long are you up here for this time?
Later man. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts