close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto Smallmouth

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, May 11, 2004.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Got back from college yesterday and was already missing my normal smallmouth creek. So I waded the scioto tonight at about 8. Water was really stained, couldn't see bottom at all. Started throwing a rattle trap with no luck, so I switched to a suspending rapala and within two casts had on what I think was probably a 20 inch smallie. I battled it for a bit, and it took a few acrobatic jumps. My heart was racing, but then it just started stripping line, and before I knew it it had snapped by 6lb test. I'm only writing this now because I need to get my frustration out. Man am I ticked right now. Ended up landing one smallie about 12 inches and a nice little rock bass. Anyways, I am mad. At least I am the frogger champion I guess ;)

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I know how you feel. I lost a monster LM two years ago and I still kick myself for that. Remember it well. Good job on catching one and there's always next time. At least you know there are quality fish there. And I will be back to reclaim my Frogger title, thank you.

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I dont know bassnpro. 840 is pretty good ;)

4. Good to see you back here for a while. Tough luck on the smallie man. Sure wish that I had been there to see it. I think the dam is still a little too wild right now to fish there. Maybe in a few days it will calm down a bit.How long are you up here for this time?
    Later man. :D