Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much oif a river fisherman at all, but my bass boat is in the shop til Tuesday( Came back from deployment and it needed a few things worked after sitting for two years.) so I hit the scioto today in search of smallies. I fished from noon til 1:30 and caught 3 smallmouth. First fish was a nice 14" then next cast caught a 12". I thought I was on them at this point, but only managed one more dink. I caught the two better fish on a double willow spinnerbait fished real fast, just out of the current. The dink was on a crank. I tried to slow down and threw a tube in the general area that I caught those two, but to no avail. The 14" bit right at shore and didn't get a chance to fight before he was unhooked and released, but the 12" went airbourne 5 times which was awesome. No pictures today, but they will be coming in future reports as I am FINALLY BACK AND FISHING AGAIN!

·
Registered
421 Posts
That's a great smallmouth river. I used to fish it around the Dublin area and did really well in the early morning.
Oh, and welcome back too!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome Back!!! the scioto can be the greatest area to fish, especially if your from that area..nothin like home man!!!

GET FISH OR DIE TRYIN!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
welcome back and thanks for your dedication and service.
your duty's now will be to make up for lost time and catch some hogs!
if your needing a partner to tag team some hoover bass ...i am your man.

·
Priority #1 Fishing
37 Posts
Waded the scioto three times last week. Caught between 25 and 30 smallies each time. Most were between 12 and 14 inches, but one was about 3 and 1/2 to 4 pounds. Also cought about twice as many rock bass. Don't know if I'll have time to get out this week but I hope so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts