close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto Smallies (PICS!)

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Perchy101, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

The Night started off pretty dissapointing.... Went to grab some minnows down at Scioto Bait and found out that they close on Fridays at 6, and the rest of the week at 630... I find this very upsetting... And more with summer being around... They should stay open way past 6... and they have lost a customer... The few times I have gotten minnows from them they have been bad... They really count! and they count dead ones... So i'm done with them.

Anywho - We grabbed the castnet and headed off to the river and found us dozen and half of those nice 2-3" shad and grabbed the poles and took off...

Ended up floating the shad under a bobber at about foot to two feet... and the Smallies were going nuts... Smacking them harrrrd...

I took my 4'11" ugly stilk with me so it was FUNNNN fishing...

Nights total ended up with 10 Smallmouth running from 12-18" and 1 cat.

Here are a few pics....

Dads 16" Smallie:
    [​IMG]

My 16" Smallie:
    [​IMG]

My Hawg! 18" Smallie:
    [​IMG]

2. Nice job guys!! Nice looking catch!!

3. Very nice smallies !

I really get disappointed with retailers that don't understand their customers will go else where if you screw them over : (

4. I wish scioto bait took better care of customers also. I use to go there all the time, but now I will do anything I can to get bait and supplies elsewhere. Minnows are more expensive there than anywhere else, and the count is low. When I pay for 5 dozen, they only give me about 50. That's pretty sad.

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

they charged me $1 for using my charge card for a total under $10
    I should have just bought some more beer!
    :mad:

6. Sounds like a good day of fishing nice pics! I agree with you guys i do not like buying from that bait shop. i would like to find some other bait shops that have live minnows and other live bait, if you guys know of any other bait shops let me know cause thats the only one i ever go to but would like to go to another one thanks.

Alex

7. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

The Dockstop on 257(i think) has live bait... Little old lady runs the shop... She "counts" her minnows too but they are 85 cent a dozen not 1.29 a dozen...

Her hours are crap just like Scioto Bait... But its worth the extra few minutes out of the way...

I am going to stop in and talk with the owner... I know my dad and I have been buying bait from her husband (Brad, befor he passed) for years upon years - Now that he is gone... so is the customer service.

8. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I don't know if its still open but an old man has a nice shop on rt 665 and rt62 near the RR tracks. He doesn't count and its him and his wife, they will talk your ears off, I always stop in just to say hello, give him a shot, its nice to still have a mom and pop shop in these days.
    Mike

9. Stuck at home, It's now his daughter and her husband! The older gentleman is selling bait in heaven now! He might even have time to do some fishing himself. The bait store is called Lee's and the daughter and her husband are just as nice and easy to deal with. I would still recomend it highly! Hope that helps.

10. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I work for a bank(credit card specifically) and they are not allowed to do that. However, there aren't any "credit card cops" that will force them to stop so yea.........you should have bought some more beer.

CG