close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

scioto river

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 8racing3, Jul 4, 2007.

1. 8racing3

8racing3 member

i am coming down to columbus to see my brother and wanted to know if there was good fishing on the scioto river by columbus center mall and batelle riverfront park? don't have a boat, but if any one has any hot spots they would like to share and help a fellow ogfer out i would appreciate any help. like what to use and where would be awesome. any kind of fishing is fine, but bass is my game. he is coming from california and wanted to show him a good time of fishing in the best state ever.

thanks for any help.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

not sure on the bass fishing around there from bank, nor of any fishing around there (Sorry). but i would go Carp fishing some big carp down town.

3. 8racing3

8racing3 member

come on ogfer's. you mean to tell me that no one has fished this area or fishes this area. i have faith in you guys to help me out. please, please, please guys help me out.

thank you

oh and thank you for the reply bubba bass. it is appreciated.

4. 8racing3,

If I were you I'd move just a little farther south a couple miles if you must fish in the area you're talking about. Try just below the Greenlawn Dam but get out while there's still daylight, rough area. At times, smallmouth, white bass, saugeye, and most other things that swim can be caught there. You'll have to wade to fish it properly but position yourself just below the roller dam and cast upstream. Hope you're catch and release, not the most prestine waters.

The area you describe is mostly very shallow and silted in.

You could also move upstream and fish below the roller dam on the Scioto just upstream of the confluence with the Olentangy.

Good luck,

Rick

5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Unless it pours all day tomorrow that roller dam will be bone dry. During low water levels the water plant on 33 takes the entire flow of the Scioto from an intake pipe just north of the damn. The reasult is a sluggish pool from the "water works" roller dam down to Greenlawn...Only flowing water comes from the Olentangy...and it's only at a trickle at best...

6. 8racing3

8racing3 member

thank you for all the replies. i think by what i am reading that the greenlawn dam is the best place to try.

or if there is any lakes near by that we might fish from shore we could try.

thanks alot