Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever fish the Scioto around Chillicothe for saugeye? I've tried to fish the few accessible spots that I know of but no dice. Any info or tips would be awesome. I can officially say I have an addiction but can't seem to find the fix locally.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'd love to fish the scioto down in the area you're talking about, except I'd be catfishing. There's some stretches down there that look amazing and before summer I was seriously considering making the hour and a half drive down there to try to get permission. Then the more I got to looking and realizing how far off the roads the river was I figured none of the farmers would let a complete stranger onto their land. didnt mean to throw your thread off track. I never fish for eyes but one day about a month ago I went out after work down river from the Greenlawn dam (I literally work right beside it) fishing for smallies and I caught 2 dink eyes on a 4" black senko in about 20 minutes. Good luck in your quest

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are thick in there. Black curly tailed grubs on the appropriate sized jig head to keep bottom contact can work great. Crankbaits take their fair share too but keep them close to the bottom where the eyes like to lay. Rattle traps can trigger bigger fish.
What kind of a water do you target; runs, pools? Also whats the average size and are you float fishing or bank fishing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts