close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto River Yakin

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BuckeyeFishinNut, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Hit the river today with Scott in the yaks. It was a decent day I guess, was kind of slow. We caught 2 LMs around 2lbs each, 5 smallies, and 4 bluegill. The one bluegill I caught might be the biggest I ever caught. It hit a white spinnerbait and I couldn't get my hand around it. The fish were taken on small cranks, husky jerks, and spinnerbaits. That stretch of the river seemed dead yesterday. Usually we see alot of fish activity but not much of anything yesterday, really had to work for what we caught. Gonna float a new area Saturday, hope we have better results than yesterday.

Jake

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I noticed the same thing with the bass kind of being off. The saugeye are def. on though. I saw many bass that had not the slightest interest in my bait which would usually be irresistable as soon as it hit the water. North or south of Downtown?

3. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Big Walnut seemed the same last week, even the rock bass weren't hitting. Think its like a post-spawn thing, or pre-summer bite vacation? Hope they are back to work tomarrow, yakking the nut alone....

4. We were a little bit North of downtown. About 2 weeks ago everything was on fire so I don't know if they may be ending the spawn or what. We didn't get 1 rockbass which is strange all by itself. Usually you got to try not to catch rockbass. Atleast we caught some fish though.

Jake

5. Duanne will say you need him along to catch any real fish:D

6. All Duane does is prevent me from catching fish. He puts the voodoo curse on me and I might as well be fishing in a mud hole...LOL:D Not even his voodoo curses help him when he is down on the Ohio River with me though!

Jake

7. I work with all those nuts by the way..I seen a picture on Duannes camera phone the other day of a nice SM Scott caught last week.

8. We are takin the yaks out tomorrow for about a 4 mile float, me, duane, and scott. Hopefully its a little better than it was yesterday.

Jake

9. I think a little rain might help the cause a little, but with those 2 even if the fishing is slow they will keep you entertained;)

10. Is there a decent spot on the scioto near 161 that one can put in at without the water level being too shallow? I just purchased an inflatable kayak and plan on running the scioto next week.