Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever fish the scioto river under the frank road bridge. I always ride past it on 104 but always wanted to know if its a "hot spot" . Any luck anybody???

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think you would be better off going up an exit to greenlawn and fishing the damn.

·
Currently on a bender of wipers
54 Posts
Go down there and look for trash, make a few cast. See if there's any line there. That's a hotspot

Reactions: MDBuckeye

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Those ponds are off limits for sure. I used to rent an office (a few years ago) from the concrete co. that is back there. I asked about them and was told NOBODY fishes them PERIOD. Not sure how true that is but I have never seen anyone there. Plenty of signage saying keep out though.

I did pull over and look at them a few times when dropping off the rent check and there are some big bass in them. Shame, probably some buttsmooch's screwed it up for everyone else some time in the past.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you're talking about the ponds around Haul Rd near Anderson Concrete, there's only one way to fish them. Get a job with Anderson Concrete.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I pass them to and from work everyday. About two weeks ago there was a large group of people at one of them with boats in the water.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Haha when I was young an dumb. Another friend lied to me an told me they allowed the public to fish it one weekend out of the year. Haha I was stupit enough to believe him. It took a total of ten minutes and 3 bass before a cpd told us to leave an never come back.

On another note 6/7 years ago I would see an eagle perched on the island every time I passed it. One day my nephew an I watched it pick off some small carp. Was pretty cool stuff!

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Oh yeah an I've floated below the bridge one time during really low water levels. I'll just say we breezed through pretty fast. If I remember right it was just a silty shallow flat

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ok so never personally fished it but grew up with a trusted source its primary wide sweeping and there are a few deeper holes mostly bottom fishers hit the area target eddies n current breaks if ur a sport guy those fish are at greenlawn concentrating cuz the dam so obviously have to be downstream to just not in numbers. Far as andersons cory or whomever is current owner its stricktly prohibited so i would procede with caution and remember if you are tempted remember the others anglers chances that get ruined because of anglers doing those kind of acts but for the record my trusted lifelong source uncle worked for andersons and they had a company bass tourney ona weekend n he said it is the land of the giant crappie said they gulping down 1/4 oz spinnerbaits couldnt catch a bass cuz they were so hot but thats just what i was told fyi dont see eagles but there are a pair of some really cool white swans that show every year on the north cory

·
Registered
289 Posts
Crappie tacos you got too much time on your hands are we on here to get and share fishing info? And you couldnt be further from right about species in that lake i been near it all my life are you jealous you didnt have nothing worth offering like i see cars parked there really thats insightful dude take a hike chicken liver smear oh yeah did i spell that right?

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Spot directly below the bridge is a sort of weak riffle immediately followed by a long gravel flat - supposedly some monster boulders out in the middle somewhere too.

Never caught anything in the 4 or 5 total hours I spent down there fishing it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Crappie tacos you got too much time on your hands are we on here to get and share fishing info? And you couldnt be further from right about species in that lake i been near it all my life are you jealous you didnt have nothing worth offering like i see cars parked there really thats insightful dude take a hike chicken liver smear oh yeah did i spell that right?
Still painful. What insight would you like? It's a river, there are fish in it. Go find them. And you can't fish the ponds. Is that better?

Oh, and you should look up the definition of sarcasm. It'll help you understand my reply to what species are in there

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your the reason forums suck man period point blank n i will call every person on it the same. why did you bother to reply if it was sarcasm then? you wanted to establish yourself above the posters level? cause you didnt like the nature of the post the person is below you is that it?like i said too much time on your hands you should look into joining a country club youd fit in good. seriously tho no single member on here created an acct to listen to other people treat them with "sarcasm "like that because your so "above" them. if someone ask a question and you dont like it your silence is valued so much more. Then maybe the members who actually have answer can give them instead of teaching grown adults social skills and manors ?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Spot directly below the bridge is a sort of weak riffle immediately followed by a long gravel flat - supposedly some monster boulders out in the middle somewhere too.

Never caught anything in the 4 or 5 total hours I spent down there fishing it.
They aren't boulders, they are some kind of old concrete structure. They are very large.

·
Rough Fish Ambassador
829 Posts
Personally I didn't find that stretch anything special for the Scioto - farther South has some features that are better fishing (from boat) Like others said Greenlawn is the end of the road for fish migration so its a great seasonal spot - As far as the Anderson pits they are posted private property ..end of story

And as far as this bickering & sarcasm over the exchange of imfo goes against the spirit of this site - if you have nothing constructive to contribute just move on to the next thread

1 - 20 of 34 Posts