close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto River Carpin' Day- Nov. 6

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by tpet96, Oct 31, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Carp Anglers Group Ohio

2004 Scioto River Carping Day

What?: Ohio CAG Scioto River Carping Day
    Where?: Scioto River, Downtown Columbus- Right in front of COSI (Center of Science and Industry)
    When?: Saturday, November 6- Sunrise to Sunset
    Feel free to join us. There is plenty of bankspace, and plenty of fish to go around. If you need more information, feel free to contact me at 419-512-6644, or via email at tpet96@columbus.rr.com Parking w/in 100 yards of fishing area, and all concrete/pavement. We will send out a couple of people to pick up lunches if you wish to order out. If you need to know where this fishing event will be held in detail, PM me or email me your home address and I will give you directions to this location in specifics.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Sounds great Shawn, kind of end the season where it started. If i remember correctly my very first carp of 2004 came on the downtown side the weekend in Feb. of our Video/bait day.

Only thing info wise i need to know is...where do you park on the COSI side? Are you allowed to park in the COSI lot right by the river?
    I have never fished that side, but have always wanted too.

Hey AK, give me a shout this coming week and will meet up down there and you can show me around the venue, plus i'll bring them "home-made" spods for ya.

Scott

3. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Scott,
    No need to park in the parking lot, you can park along the road that goes between COSI and the river. There are no "No Parking" signs there and I have asked the people that run it and they said it is prefectly okay to park your cars off to the side of the road. You will see when you get up there.

Sean

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

If I dont have to work I plan to be there..lets hope for decent weather!

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Like Miso said.....but just make sure you park parallel with the road and river on the concrete part of that road :) It will make sense when you get there :)

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks guys....i'll be there all day for sure, also i have about 3 guys coming with me so far...maybe a 4th guy too?

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

see you guys out there

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey AK, i'll bring your goodies too.

Scott

9. crappielooker

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

So who all is going to show???

Scott

11. crappielooker

i'm getting a few maybes from the guys in cinci.. i'm trying to drag them up..

12. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Cool, would be great to fish with TimJC before the seasons end......have'nt fished with him since the Rockyfork event.

Hope to see a good turn out.

I saw Bill today making a delivery at my work..but i couldnt get away from a production line running very poorly to ask him if he was going to be there.

Scott

13. crappielooker

not sure if tim is coming..i think bill is going to try to come, i talked to him on sunday..

14. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

No it was Buckeye...

And I'm not quite sure if I'll be there or not. I have the day off but I've been out of work all week do to a sprained ankle so money may be tight. I'll see what I can do...

15. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey Your Right, ...lol...its been a long season.
    Hey we understand man, take it easy and get yourself healed up, theres always the warmwater times over the winter out East to hook up.

Scott

16. I'll be there at least part of the time...haven't fished since the Alum Creek hurricane so it will be a good way to round out the season for me.

17. Ak, if the weather doesent hold for us to go to erie id like to come down. You got some extra equipment for a brother on the injured reserve :confused: :D I might be ok with my eye rods but dont want to break any of the loomis rods!!!

18. crappielooker

yeah, i got spares, but bring your stuff anyways.. it will work..
    oh yeah..injured reserved..i'll help push you into the river.. :D :p

19. YEAH RIGHT DUDE, YOU BETTER EAT SOME WHEATIES AND PACK A LUNCH :D :cool: :D :D

20. crappielooker

still gonna try to drag those guys from cinci up here.. but somehow it looks grim..