close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto River 6-16- catfishing

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfishinfool247, Jun 17, 2007.

1. catfishinfool247

catfishinfool247 Highland county catman

My partner and I went back to the river chasing flattys again,this time we went upriver a lil more towards chilli but didn't fare so well,we managed 2 drum,2 small 5 or 6 pound channels and a lot of gar grief(geez)!There were some guys across the river from us that fared a lil better than we but all in all it was a tough bite.I did miss one good run when my rodtip hit a tree branch as i tried to set the hook.ahhhhhh...I hate that! :) I think with the sustained period of low rainfall and steady high water temps it may have the flattys more concerned with procreation than feeding at the moment

2. hey, did you guys drive a small white pickup? have a big blue water cooler?

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Also did you hear lots of bigfoot noises coming from the other side? :eek:
    I was wondering if that could have been you over there, since Flathunter fished with you once at that spot. Man, we didnt do much better than you guys & shoot there were 4 of us. :( I did land my 1st fair caught Gar, which we cleaned and ate (no lie).

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yeppers that was us we got so bored we started to goof off..If I had beer I would have gotten drunk!

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yeppers that was us, boredom took over and we strarted to goof off, should have brought some fireworks!

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

What was up w/ the Pontoon boat & jet ski? How on earth did they make it through that shallow water upstream?

7. catfishinfool247

catfishinfool247 Highland county catman

Man,I have no idea how they got down thru there in the pontoon,I've run down thru there from the park and the water was a good 2 ft higher and had to get out and push so many times it wasn't worth it.So you had any luck on the river this year flathunter?It's been hit and miss for us.Been hittin a few holes on down towards Waverly but had a run in with some drugged out punks last time down there,throwing rocks at us and into the river so we ain't been back down there