close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto Report

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Oct 28, 2004.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Just waded the river. Smallies were smackin the top of the water hard. Couldn't get any to bite, but got a nice surprise in a 23" saugeye. Hit a blue/silver rogue. Water is getting cold, even through the neoprenes.

2. I waded the scioto yesterday. Went through a few spots and only managed two smallies. One 14" and one very small one. When I caught the 14" I had more hit my buzzbait but they weren't grabbing it. Just barely breaking the surface behind it. Did hook one that felt a little bigger but it got off. Day ended on a bad note when I felt one leg getting colder than the other. Sprung a leak in my waders.

3. fishingredhawk

try attaching a trailer hook to that buzzbait, it might help.

4. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Went the other day and did good on topwater. Tried cranks and the only thing that worked was a super fluke,shad color. Seemed to work better when there was cloud cover. Fished below Oshay and down. Still waiting for that hog smallie I get every fall. So far most fish have been small. 16 is my biggest this fall. Maybe too many people are keeping fish. Please release all smallmouth to fight another day. Keep the rock bass. I here they eat. Right Sowbelly? He'll eat!

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

you got that right!!! forgot to mention that eater i hooked into at alum the other day... was puttin up a good fight an when i got it close i was takin it easy on him since he didnt come up.. by the looks of the line counter i knew i was close so i grabbed the net just as it broke the surface... just my luck, 4 feet of wire with zebra's all over it, man it was a good fight, just like the marker bouy...hehe

put em in the box.

sowbelly :D

6. Mike,
    Were you fishing where we had the canoe?

7. fishingredhawk

No, downstream from Griggs

8. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Nothing much happening today...except for a single smallie..and a hell of a smallie to boot..Went about 17 3/4". On a white 3/8 tube. Didn’t see any top water assaults today...saw a few on Saturday but the leaves got in-between me and the fish :(...Looks like rain for the next few days...hopefully there on again Wednesday.

Attached Files:

9. fishingredhawk

I went downstream from Oshay yesterday. Here are results:
    4 SM: largest went 16"
    1 LM
    1 Channel cat
    -All fish were taken on a rogue. I thought the cat was a huge eye. Couldn't get a bite on tubes or spinnerbaits. Acklac is right about the leaves, they are getting all over the treble hooks.

10. Nice fish my man. I have stayed away from the dam because there was no water there at all. Kinda ridiculous I guess. Besides I have been working for a change.

Later man.
    Hi there Mike.

11. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Yeah the water level is really low....it sucks b/c it is barely going over the top of the dam, which causes the shelf to become choked with algae. The water needs to go down a bit (when the pipes come on) or up a good deal in order for the eyes to pick up...I should be down there more often once the smallies shut off...A.J.