Scioto Report 8.9.08 Personal Best

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Atrain, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Got out to wade the Scioto. Deciced to bring the ultra light after putting better line on it. It is a good thing I did! Started out with a yellow rooster tail. No dice just like the last time I went slow action. Changed to a crank bait and started getting hits. Caught one 11inch in a pool that was about 6ft deep. I was working the bank and decided to cast out in the middle of the flow. I got a big bump and cast again and caught a dink smallie. I threw it out around the same area and BANG! Major fight, my pole was bent as far as it could go, I reeled the fisher in closer, it took a look at me and ran the line out. I let him run then was able to bring him back into me and walked back to the shore and there I had my biggest Smallmouth ever! I did not have a tape measure but he looked about 22 to 24 inches and weighed about 3 LBS! All in all caught a total of 8 smallies and some rock bass. All fish including the monster was let go to fight another day.

Before I left to go fishing I was going to take my digital camera but decided not to, I could just kick myself for not getting a pic of that Smallie. Oh well next time.