close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto Piggy

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by symba, Jul 8, 2008.

1. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

Went around the frisbee golf course today. The water was still murky but slower. There were several people out wading. I got some chubs and headed to the spillway for some cats and smallies. My 3rd cast with a live chub on a 2/0 J-hook 3' under a bobber produced this superb 20" smallie. My personal best I believe. Got 2 more smaller SM (no cats on cut chub) before the storm turned Griggs into Lake Erie!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

I hope all this rain wont hurt tomorrows outting :p

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice fish. Congrats on the fish ohio and PB.

3. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

She was most certainly released back after her photo op. I just picked up the measuring take at PBS last weekend (where I met Kevin Van Dam), but failed to get a girth measurment. What is the best Length only weight formula estimate???

4. awesome fish....congrats being in right place right time....so whats pbs...and how was that meeting kvd?

5. awesome smallie:B .

got my personal best small mouth in the same location as well, but nothing like that HOG. That area always produces good even though it's fished a lot

6. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Wow! Congratulations on a great smallie. That is a pig for sure. Maybe the camera angle is a little funny or something but just going by that picture I would call it a 19er, but that's just my opinion from a photo. You were there and took the mearsurement. Awesome smallie!

CG

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Very nice smallie man! Definately hog!

8. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Sweet can! What are we talking about again?

9. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Don't be hatin thats a beauty smallie-nice fish N Pics
    LMAO

i got a 19 today

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?p=665524#post665524

10. Hey Symba...Niiice Fish!! I've been wanting to sein for some chubs this year, but in past years they seem to die on the hook fairly quickly. How do you hook yours when float fishing?

11. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Nice looking smallmouth you got!
    Congrats on the fine catch!

12. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

For all you 19" haters, check out where the 0" marker is! That is a legit 20"!

13. That's a beauty of a smallie and a 20 incher to be sure. If you squeezed the tail together, which is done in all tournaments, you would have 20 inches plus a little. No matter what, one PIG of a smallie. Congrats!

14. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

That's a NICE FISH!!! Probably 20.5+ stretched out all the way. I'm hoping it was released to be caught again?

15. pizza

pizza

Congrats on the FO. I've stared at the pic for a couple minutes. 19.5+.25 (tail squeeze) + the fact that the lip is about .25" in the negative. And the fish looks to have its head turned downward.

To get that right below a major dam in ohio, is awesome!

Although I am not a live bait fisherman, you have my respect. This is my fourth year trying for that elusive 20" river smallie.

16. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

Yes, she was released afterwards.

I took like 7 pictures trying to get the tape to stay just right ;) That seemed like the best one.

I just wish I would have gone w/ a fishing partner so you all could see the shitty grin I had on my face while holding up that beast.

17. Geeezzzz........ here we go again...... Symba.... VERY nice smallie..... Glad to hear you released it as well.... You won't be able to find a spot down there now....LOL Hope you catch many more.... There down there that size.

18. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Symba,

Congratulations again on a great fish. I knew I would get hammered for questioning the length. You know if you didn't have the tape measure there and just told me it was a 20 I would believe you. I believe you anyway, but just was commenting on the photo. I am certainly not a hater and I hope you were not put off by my previous post. I would be grinnin ear to ear if I caught one like that for sure! Way to go.

CG