close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto P.M. Wade Report

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by seethe303, Jul 26, 2008.

1. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

hit up the Scioto tonight with Marshall (columbusslim31 on here).

It was a successful night!

Between the two of us we got 8 or 9 smallies, the biggest going about 14". most were 10-11".

Marshall got a small cat, and I got two suckers (I think).

Marshall lost something BIG. It hit a yo-zuri minnow and jumped once before coming off. It was huge, whatever it was.

The fish were caught on a crawler drifted beneath a float. I got a couple on a shallow running crank.

The night ended with us watching a beaver swim a couple hundred yards downstream. That was really cool. It kept diving, and each time it did it would flop its tail. Are there any reports of beaver attacks? We were unsure about wading after seeing it!

also, as delicious as the smallies looked, they were all released.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. pizza

pizza

Nice going and best of luck in the future. Keep at em! Bigger fish to come I'm sure. Fall feeding frenzy will be coming up....THIS FALL!!!!

3. Just to add to the report...
    Caught and released over 12 between 10 and 19 inches below Griggs from 4pm until dark. Several of the fish were trying to spit up crayfish when landed. Keep this in mind for the next month or so. I'm sure it contributed to my success.

4. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Sure was a great time John. Definitely plan to fish that stretch again soon.

That catfish was the first fish I ever caught on a jig and crawler. That's one of the reasons I've grown to love fishing. There are so many firsts.

That fish I lost on the yozuri though tricked me into throwing it the rest of the time on the water.:mad: While it obviously catches fish, I should've made the decision to switch lures sooner. I did plan to switch to a jig and twister, but when the beaver came around, the party was over. I tell you what, that was the first time I've ever seen a beaver that close, let alone being in the water with one. (Another two firsts.) I don't know if they do attack people, but since they can get up to 30 pounds or so, I didn't want to stick around to find out!:p

5. pizza

pizza

Beaver? Stay out of my honeyhole!

6. Columbusslim31

I knew it! You gotta teach me how you train beavers to guard your stretch. How do you do it? GPS shock collar? Blackmail? Nanobot-enriched wood chips?

7. A beaver in Ohio can get up to 65 pounds.......

8. Columbusslim31

Then I'm even more glad that we got out the water when we did! Not to say that that beaver was that big but, once again, I wasn't sticking around to find out!:D

9. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I've had a Beaver smack its tail against the water to warn me off but never been attacked. It just swam off as i go closer.

10. TightLine

TightLine Member

I hit the Scioto tonight also, you guys had better luck than I.
    1 smallie maybe 14" and 1 eye maybe 18" a few dinks in between.
    I'm getting pretty frustrated, I know the fish are there, heck at 10:00 they were busting shad on top. I couldn't get squat. Maybe give it another shot tommorow evening.
    Not sure what stretch you were fishing Marshall and John, but probably about 5 years ago there was always a beaver in the spot my buddies and I would hit. Yep, very nervous the first few times he came close to us but after that he left us alone. One night however we were still in the water, my buddy and I were mabe 10 yds apart he apparently swam right between and smacked the water with his tail, needless to say scared the he77 outta both of us, enough so we called it a night.

11. What was the water level like if I may ask one of you gents???

12. good to see you guys slammed them like bill dance. That's always a good stretch, I know I fish it on the regular!!! NICE FISH.

13. Columbusslim31

I don't know what normal levels are for the Scioto, but it got up to 3ft in most places we were wading. With holes we were throwing into, probably about 4ft.

14. Thank You Sir

15. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

when a beav slaps its tail its either warning its mate that your there or trying to keep you away from its den. awsome creatures that would only attack if you tried to wrestle with it.

16. Columbusslim31

17. I believe I am aware of said honey-hole.

18. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

Reminds me of a family guy episode...

"Damn, nature. You're scary."

19. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I have fished from a float tube in a number of spots where beaver circled and gave me the stink-eye. Of course, the best fishing is often around their huts. It does give me the creeps when they go under water and two thirds of me is dangling down there as an inviting target.

They can get pretty big. I saw one near Antrim that you would have had trouble stuffing in a five-gallon bucket.

20. jray

jray

hey couldnt resist seethe but havent yall heard of jeff foxworthy's you might be a redneck if you have ever had your nipple bitten off by a beaver yes beavers attack lol lol lol couldnt resist