close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto Fishin'

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Perchy101, May 22, 2007.

1. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Work had been giving me hell... I needed to get away... Far Far away from nasty customers and stupid bosses.... So I found my self in the middle of the river with dad fishing away... and what a day!

Dad and I fished for about 3 hours today hitting the Scioto and our honey/money/hot spot.... It never lets us down...

We ended the day with about 15 smallies (10-16inches) about 10 rockbass (5-8 inches) a few gills', a crappie.... and I have no clue if they were muskie or pike... One of the two... And we caught 2 of them... They were about 14 inches long with a light green body with some pink mixed it and a snout... I'm guessing Muskie... I didn't end up with any pictures of them... We were busy tryin to figure out what it was...

We were just floating bobbers with minnows about 2 feet under the surface... Water was WARM and flowing nice... Really enjoyed the afternoon...

Here are a 2 of the smallies we caught.

Mine:

[​IMG]

Dads:

[​IMG]

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

nice fish. but wrong hat. GO TRIBE.

3. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

NICE!! sounds like a muskie to me.

4. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

How common are Muskie in the Scioto, north of the city off of rt 42?

5. I recognize that spot.....used to be a favorite of mine too. Moved away and haven't been there for years, but I'm glad to know it's still hot.

6. Went to the river tonight myself with my son, we did fair caught some SM, whitebass, channel cat, and a ton of suckers, nothing much to brag about on size largest SM might have went 12-14", used bass minnies as bait, threw a Rapala for a few with no takers, might go back out tomorrow and see if my luck has changed.

7. I fished the river tonight as well....same story. Where'd all the water go???????

8. A few days ago when I went the water was no doubt higher, I even told my son you might have to let me cast in here for you as the bank space is tight, you could see where the water was just a couple days ago, we fished from shortly before 6 until probably 8.45 and like I said nothing to brag about, I kept waiting for them to turn on if even for a few minutes as we got closer to dark and it never happened, we had fun, but I was really hoping to get him into a football.