Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work had been giving me hell... I needed to get away... Far Far away from nasty customers and stupid bosses.... So I found my self in the middle of the river with dad fishing away... and what a day!

Dad and I fished for about 3 hours today hitting the Scioto and our honey/money/hot spot.... It never lets us down...

We ended the day with about 15 smallies (10-16inches) about 10 rockbass (5-8 inches) a few gills', a crappie.... and I have no clue if they were muskie or pike... One of the two... And we caught 2 of them... They were about 14 inches long with a light green body with some pink mixed it and a snout... I'm guessing Muskie... I didn't end up with any pictures of them... We were busy tryin to figure out what it was...

We were just floating bobbers with minnows about 2 feet under the surface... Water was WARM and flowing nice... Really enjoyed the afternoon...

Here are a 2 of the smallies we caught.

Mine:

Dads:

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
nice fish. but wrong hat. GO TRIBE.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Went to the river tonight myself with my son, we did fair caught some SM, whitebass, channel cat, and a ton of suckers, nothing much to brag about on size largest SM might have went 12-14", used bass minnies as bait, threw a Rapala for a few with no takers, might go back out tomorrow and see if my luck has changed.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
A few days ago when I went the water was no doubt higher, I even told my son you might have to let me cast in here for you as the bank space is tight, you could see where the water was just a couple days ago, we fished from shortly before 6 until probably 8.45 and like I said nothing to brag about, I kept waiting for them to turn on if even for a few minutes as we got closer to dark and it never happened, we had fun, but I was really hoping to get him into a football.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts