Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
itchin to get out and wade with these vibram 5 finger shoes...the river settling in yet down below the dam?

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Isn't 700cfs still high for oshay? I'd like to do some evening wading but that seems kinda high. I might have to do a drive by.
Ski

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Anything under 1000 is fishable, for me at least, especially if Oshay has the discharge turbine going.

Griggs, to my astonishment, is Green!:B

·
47 Posts
Anything under 1000 is fishable, for me at least, especially if Oshay has the discharge turbine going.

Griggs, to my astonishment, is Green!:B
Agreed on that 1000 mark. Noticed griggs was green this morning on my drive to work! :D I'm going to check out below the griggs dam right after work after 5, Ill post pictures for everyone when I get home after.

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fellas, the disc golf course is on!!! i caught 15 smallies in 2.5 to 3 hours. Half of em were 6-10 range, and the other half was 12-15 inch range. All on some form of texas rigged beaver with a bullet weight.

Originally I had a dark green with red speck (california #420) small beaver and was killin it, but the bag fell out of my pocket! I switched to the same color senko to see if it was the color profile but it wasnt. I then switched to a bigger profile beaver and continued to slay!! They were in the slower to slack current areas. The river isnt pretty but the banks are producing!

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Wait til u step on a big treble hook...
Yea or a sharp rock. I wouldn't be caught dead in the Scioto with mesh bottoms. LOVE MY KORKERS WITH TEH STICKY RUBBER!

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,197 Posts
I used to own a pair of vibrams but they were way too difficult to put on.

I wade in old running shoes, but the problem I run into (sore arches) relates more to my feet getting bent back while walking over medium-size rocks. Obviously I would benefit from a stiffer sole. If I wore vibrams I would imagine that problem would be a lot worse...

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it hurts when you step on the point of a rock a little bit but its not terrible...its much better than when i wear regular tennis shoes....now i havent tried, but i bet with the vibrams on i can fit in my wading boot which has felt soles

1 - 20 of 23 Posts