Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for for 2 hours tonight to the cat hole and did very well.... Ended up with 12 catfish anywhere from 10 inches up to 20...

Ended up using about 3 dozen worms in the process... Just floating a worm around can do wonders...

Also ended up with a 10" White Bass (1st cast) 2 rockbass, a smallie and 1 shad :p

My Cat:

Dads Lunker:

Last Fish of the Night:

·
Hack Fisherman
116 Posts
Perchy101:

Not lookin to steal your spot, but I was wondering if you could tell me the general vicinity that you fish the scioto at. Is that North or South of Dublin where you are wading.

Thanks, and nice pics.

·
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went back to the hole tonight and wated another 3 dozen worms and 2 dozen minnows.

Caught a TON of catfish.. all cept they were all small (10-14 inches) Probably ended up getting about 20 by the nights end... Did end up with 1 decent cat.

But it seemed white bass were in the area more tonight... well, reallly 1st time i've ever caught them... We ended up getting 6 whites, 2 smallies and a few rock bass...

Fish of the night:

White Bass:

Smallie:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I have caught more whitebass on the Scioto this year than in years past(as well as more catfish) I have been getting them on minnies, Im also just kinda drifting them along through riffles, hopefully the rain I keep hearing about doesnt blow up the river to badly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went on the scioto near dublin granville rd the other day. Caught a 16" smallie on a rattle trap from walmart that cost like 2 bucks. Lost the lure in a tree about 5 minutes later. D'oh. Will probably pick up a couple more and try and hit the scioto again this weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice fish you caught there, i stopped by the dam on the way to Oshea, a few people fishing there and no catching that i saw. Id like to fish the area too, but not sure where a good spot is. I went up to Oshea and caught 1 large mouth 4 smallies (mostly dinks) and 2 crappies. Pretty slow day due to the winds but picked up as the evening set in.. will post some pics another time.

·
SMB and Saugeyes.
175 Posts
mjg,
Did you get shoreline access near 161 or were you in a boat? I drive by there all the time and I'm interested in finding some more shore access.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a couple of gravel pulloffs north of 161 when you're on riverside. There's one just north of 161, not sure on the distance, but I believe its the next intersection after riverside and 161, and its right below a bridge. The other pulloff is further north on riverside on the left. You can't miss it. Its a long gravel lot on the leftside of the road just south of the dam. I have scoped out at 5th and riverside (have to park in a commercial lot on the west side and walk down a ravine). If you know of any good Scioto access points, I'd like to hear it.

·
SMB and Saugeyes.
175 Posts
I've fished Scioto Park (betw. 270 & Hard Rd.) quite a bit. I've pulled some smaller (10-11 in.) smallmouth and decent rock bass out of there on jigs and spinners, but nothing bigger. I pulled a 20 inch carp out of there last summer on ultra light tackle and there are usually some little panfish around. I see a lot of people wading on the west shoreline that seem to do well.

Further south, I've fished all up and down Griggs where there is shore access. Probably the best spot I've found on Griggs is near the recently redone wall right on Riverside drive north of Fishinger. There are a few decent panfish, but I've never gotten many bass out of there, which is why I'm looking for some new spots.

·
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Part 3 and 4.

I guess when the fishing is good - You just can't get enough.

Ended up back at the hole last night and tonight... And the cats are still on like crazy....

Between dad and I we ended up around 40 cats for the last 2 days. Probably 30 were nothing to brag about... But they are still fun to catch... Caught alot of dinks.. probably a year or two old... Wow if they survive and grow to be big... Its gonna make that river one of the best to catfish ... at least in my world....

Anywho... Here are the 2 big ones of the day.

Early Afternoon floating a bobber and worm about 2 feet under it:

Late eveing Cat:

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
dang thats a nice spot. i gotta find it or one like lol. nice fish. i like the whole wadeing thing for cats. Wadeing is my favorite way to fish so that would be great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts