close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scioto Bass Spawning

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CARP 104, May 13, 2004.

1. Does anyone know if the majority of the bass in the Scioto have spawned yet? I'm wondering what the water temp is around right now as well. I'm not sure if they have laid their eggs yet or not, if anyone has any information I am all ears.

2. Well, I know that O'Shay was 70 degrees in some spots out in the middle of the lake and then up above the Home rd bridge it was 74. That's O'Shay.

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

While fishing our tournament with Midwest Sportsman yesterday , I caught a 11.75" female that looked like it swallowed a soft ball so I think it has not happend yet . The smallmout should spawn before the LM .

4. I really think that the river smallmouth have pretty much spawned out. In the last 3 weeks I have fished the Scioto river 12-15 times, in fact spent 7 hours on the river today. It seems that the water temperature has gone up AT LEAST 10 degrees if not 15 in the last 2 and a half weeks. If they are still spawning it is very close to the end. FYI the rock bass are killing everything I caught a 5 inch rockbass on a 4 inch lure today. :eek:

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Yeah, Rock Bass are very aggressive right now. Caught 5 tonight, and 1 SM on the scioto.