Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
D'Angelo
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the scioto this morning. Put my bass raider in at the lower scioto about 8 and was off about 3 hours later. Fishing was really slow, wanted to get some crappie but only ended up with one gill. Dissapointing but hey it was the first time out on the boat and the girlfriend seemed to enjoy herself. I don't believe I'll be fishing the scioto by boat any time soon :)

·
Banned
798 Posts
Hit the scioto this morning. Put my bass raider in at the lower scioto about 8 and was off about 3 hours later. Fishing was really slow, wanted to get some crappie but only ended up with one gill. Dissapointing but hey it was the first time out on the boat and the girlfriend seemed to enjoy herself. I don't believe I'll be fishing the scioto by boat any time soon :)
that's a mistake, and a fluke trip to give up on the scioto. The scioto is a great fishery and produces better than most places in my opinion. You should give it another try, but put in at bellview there's a small mini-ramp. that bass raider would be perfect up there.

·
D'Angelo
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that the scioto is a great fishery, its produce well for me over the last coyple years, but I never seemed to have any luck north of the dam. But yea I'll definately try the scioto several more times, I'm actually supposed to be headin out there Monday morning wit one of my buddies. I'm not sure what we'll be targeting but where's bellview at?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah don't give up on the scioto. Fishing was not good all around yesterday.
I have had a lot of luck using spinner bait for large mouths. For smallies, saugeye, and crappie I use jigs. If you like small mouth try fishing parallel to the shore in about 3 to four feet of water. I know a lot of people swear by using minnows suspended from a bobber there as well for all types of fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts