close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Schooling LM

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by fishingredhawk, Jul 12, 2005.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I've been fishing a quarry lake that is deep and clear. I have been locating LM by fishing the bait fish schools. The bass are busting the top of the water, and I have been throwing buzz baits above the schools and white spinner baits into the schools, with some luck. What other baits/tactics would you guys recommend I try for these schooling bass?

2. I would say you could toss a Rapala original in comparable size and color as that of the bait fish. Toss that in to the bait fish and let it sit for a few seconds then start working it erratically like a wounded minnow. Soft jerk baits could work in that situation as well. The good thing is that if you are finding them actively feeding on the baitfish that gives you both a location and a bait. That is a great advantage.

3. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

throw a senko in there, looks just like a wounded baitfish going down. easy to throw a long way too.

4. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

I would suggest a rattle trap,crome/blue, or crome/black :D

5. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

I would say fluke or even a shallow running crank would be nice. Match the hatch as far as size and color of the baitfish.

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I tried a senko tonight for only about the second time in my life and caught a couple of nice ones. Thanks for the ideas guys.