close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

School Starts Today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Got principles of microeconomics and accounting classes this quarter

can't wait!!!! lol

2. CW03

CW03

What a great time to be studying economics! With the national election just a few months away, there is definitely going to be a "real world" component to suppliment the theory. It's always interesting to study economics and then see how the respective political parties put their spin on the issues.

If nothing else, you can learn how to construct a supply and demand model ;)

3. HEy Dave, sounds like some rough classes. I took one economics class, which was enough for me. Grad school is nice for classes, only 3 per quarter for the first year. I have one a day and that's it. Of course there is the projects, readings, and pesky little thing called Research Assistent, which will take about 15 hours per week. At least, I'm getting paid to go for the next 2 years!!! :D

4. Wish I was getting paid for college doug. You'll have to let me in on your secrets. The Prof. for my econ class seems a little off his rock. lol You didn't happen to take ECON103 did you? :D

Any tips on parking and going to football games? Only time I've ever been on main campus is for hockey games and I never drove. And one time I delivered some engineered lumber off of richland. That's the extent of my Athens experiance, besides getting carded at the one bar I went to but thats another sorty, lol

5. Only secret I have is to find a professor in the department that you plan on attending in Grad School and let him or her know that you are interested in anything. I was lucky enough to have a professor in the Geography Dept. ask if I would be willing to be a research assistent. I gives me a stipend for the year and pays for tution. ONly responsible for general fees. I just have to spend around 15 hours a week doing research for projects.
    I think it might have been Econ 103. Only thing I know is it was one of the hardest classes I've ever taken.
    For parking for football games and evenings, I would suggest parking in the lot or on the street around the Professional Development, which is across from HDL Center on Union St. Most people won't park there for games and it's only a 10 min walk across campus to the Stadium.
    I have to do a little research already, so take it easy. Don't forget to do a little fishing around those pesky classes! :D

6. fish??? when would I get time for that??? lol

maybe when work slows a bit if it does, we are crazy busy with all kinds of houses going out ontop of all of our other stuff.

I hope your just kidding about the Econ103 being the hardest class you've taken.