close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scheduled Boat inspection at West Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fffffish, Mar 29, 2005.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

I will be setting up a day to have our clubs boats inspected by the Division of Watercraft. It will be at the west ramp at West Branch on a Saturday some time in the next 2 or 3 weeks we usually start around 8am. We have been doing this the past 5 or 6 years. If any of you would like to get your boats inspected at that time let me know I need to give them a estimate of how many will be there so they will have enough people there to get it done quickly. I will need to call them this Monday or Tuesday to give them a count and set up the day. I will post the date and times after that. Once you get the sticker they will leave you alone for the rest of the year.

2. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

What a great idea, get all the clubs boats done early in the year! Thouth I'd share a few dates with you to hopefully avoid the crowd.
    April 23, Midwest Sportsman and American Bass Anglers tourney.
    April 24, Midwest Pro Bass Series
    April 30, Northern Open Anglers Association
    May 1, Anglers Choice
    May 7, Norton Bass Circuit
    May 22, Lakes Tournament Trail
    These are the Tourneys that I know of, Poss others....

3. fffffish

Thanks for the heads up I will shot for the 16th. But some times they tell me what days they will have officers available so we do not have a choice of what day it is all the time. Did the club that is having the tournament on the 23rd get a permit for the tournament from the park? If they did they would know that weekend is West Branches Earth day Cleanup and there will be 150 or more cars in the west ramp parking lot and hundreds of kids running around. That is were they have the check in headquarters setup and were the cook out will be afterward. Now that will be and interesting day. You might let them know about that. They might want to move their start and check in to the east ramp that day. What time do the tournaments start If we have to do it on one of the tournament days I might be able to get them to come after they are already out that way it will not interfere with their start time. And are they all going to be at the west ramp I can also change it to the east ramp if I need to.

4. fffffish

Let me clarify. Everyone is welcome to come out and get your boat inspected the day we do this. Warning They will inspect every boat that shows up that day even if you do not want to get your boat inspected they will do it anyway. :eek: I do not want to get the guys fishing the tournaments hung up in line waiting to get their boats inspected when they could be fishing unless they want inspected.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

All the dates I posted were tourney circuits, not clubs. I assume the director for each circuit obtained proper documents as usual????Also to the best of my knowledge each tourney would have between 40-100 boats! sounds like it could get real cozy in the lot.

6. Ive watched them last year at the ramp and they had thier hands full. Got lucky and slipped through the cracks! :D It would be cool though to have a sticker in advance. When it comes to Berlin they dont cut u slack! I would think that in the next couple years that the boating laws will change for the better. More stops. Less trash! I too plan on bringing a kid with me to clean-up day. I just wish they had more on other lakes! Great club Rick! ;)

7. Count me in ....

God I wish the rangers were around yesterday at WB...

steely123