Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kokosing River Rocks!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I get woke up last night at 1am by someone pounding on the door. I go look out the window when I see a jacket sleeve via flashlight that read "police" thinking the worst I answer the door only to be handed my trailer tag that I apparently lost between pleasant hill lake and home. he didn't have to go out of his way to do such a thing but I am very appreciative that he did cause a lost tag would be a lil expensive to replace.

·
Registered
986 Posts
That was really nice of him, but banging on your door at 1am to give it back? Sounds a little extreme lol. I would of been hesitant to even open my door honestly, but guess it played out alright for ya.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's great that he was a paid public servant and returned your tag. But he should have just put it at your door instead of beating on it. Personally I'm in a panic if my door is beat on at 1 am.

·
Registered
66 Posts
wish they would have done that with mine between alum and home. It was only 10 buck but the line at the DMV off Broad st. wow

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
That was a good deed but I have to agree with the comment that knocking on the door at 1 AM is uncalled for. Either leaving it lay somewhere on the premises or leaving a note or something would seem more appropriate if he had no other option to deal with it at another time. Nevertheless it was a good break for you that it ended up on the road somewhere so that it was even seen.

·
Kokosing River Rocks!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I would have preferred he just tossed it in my canoe of left it n my windshield, But he was a new officer (young kid) I imagine everything is new and he got a little excited, lol. I seen his sleeve said "police" through the window. He did scare the crap outta me indeed, but sometimes it's good to get ur blood pumping, lol.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,181 Posts
^^Agree^^I lost my wallet one night in Athens, unbeknownst to me, and someone turned it into the police who then called my Mom (in Mansfield) at 2:00 a.m. to tell her they had her son's wallet, except that the first thing they asked her was "is Chris C. your son?" before mentioning the wallet. Suffice it to say they scared the hell out of her - she thought I was dead - and so I then get a call at my apartment at 2:01 a.m. from my still somewhat panicked Mom, which in turn scared the hell out of me, until she said that Athens P.D. had my wallet...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
492 Posts
a buddy had the sheriff knock on his door at 3:30 a.m. his missus answered with a 357. he backed away quick, raised his hands, and asked if that was their horse running loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts