close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Say goodbye....

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by musclebeach22, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Well boys, it was great while it lasted. Say goodbye to the ice season until next year. I know it was short but I really enjoyed my limited time on the hard water this year. Got a new shanty, did some mods, fished some new waters and fished with some great people I've known and some that I just met. Also caught some personal best fish and some new species. Hard to believe how productive it's been in such a short amount of time. Let's see some pics of how you spent your season. I'll start it with a pic of a new species I caught, little grass pickerel.[​IMG]

tomb and fishingfool101 like this.
  2. 7 days straight of 40+ but only 2 nights above freezing. We will be back on in feb hopefully.

3. AtticaFish

AtticaFish Jiggin Freak

I refuse...... its not done yet.............

bobberbucket likes this.
  4. It's long ways to spring! I wouldn't pack your gear away too tight.

Mosquito, tomb, swone and 1 other person like this.
  5. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

Inland lakes aren't done. Erie is running out of time. I think there's one last chance for Erie. Inland stuff will give up more. Just be safe. Healed up re-frozen ice is not virgin new ice. I'm preaching to the choir guys but don't let the fever get the best of us. Spuds, spikes, ropes, and friends!

6. It ain't over till the fat lady sings and I duct taped her mouth shut so she can't sing.

7. As far as I'm concerned, it aint over till it's April. Historically, I've done a lot of ice fishing in February and even beginning of March in some years. Very possible that we get a polar vortex in February that will have us on the ice again!

swone, RStock521 and snag like this.
  8. I doubt it's over it's normally just starting anyways

tomb likes this.
  9. fishingfool101

fishingfool101 All species

It's over !!!! NOW THE REAL COUNTDOWN BEGINS FOR OPEN WATER FISHING.

cane pole likes this.
  10. fishingfool101

fishingfool101 All species

Actually 68 days till the first day of spring. CANT WAIT

cane pole and Eatmybait like this.
  11. Round 3 is going to give us ice for the entire month of February, and a good portion of March!

Ksochor likes this.
  12. DBV

DBV

Still a lot of winter yet. Don't give up yet. end of Jan through March has a chance of being really cold.

13. The trouble is a lot of the ice fishing we do in the months of February and March is really dependent on the ice that forms in January. The extended forecast doesn't look good for making ice over the next 2 weeks. Just drove by one of our local upground reservoirs and there's already 6" of water on top of the ice on the upwind side. If we had 12+" of ice it would last for a while. The 5 1/2" we have now will be gone before you know it.

14. Only takes 3 days of temps near zero to make ice thick enough to fish depending on the wind.

15. I hope this isn't the end of it either. I only got out once last year and about 5 times this year. Fingers crossed for more ice

16. One thing mother nature just proved. We had open water on Thursday and we were ice fishing on Monday so there you go. NEVER SAY DIE !!!! Drive north !!!!!!!

17. I don't think it's going to happen at Erie. The 2week forecast doesn't look good for making ice. Usually January is the month that we make the majority of ice. Febuary the daylight hours are getting longer. I do think we will get back out on the inland lakes. Just my opinion!

BIGEYURK25 likes this.