Saw and Heard Something COOL today!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Mar 10, 2008.

1. While out working on a story, I heard the faint calls of some Sandhill Cranes... I can't describe it, but it was a HUGE flock of them flying overhead. Had to be over 100 birds in the flock, and they were UP THERE. I tried to get some video of them, not sure if I did. I'll look here in a minute. There were two "V" formations, one was huge, the other a little smaller.

Cool birds too. I really like their calls.

2. ....Big Daddy....I wish I could have been there with you.....That is one call that gets your attention.....love to hear them....what direction were they going......My guess they were heading home.....Spring is comming...
    !$ GOOD FISHING GUYS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

That is awesome!! I would have loved to have seen them.

4. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Big Daddy.........Gota love the sounds of "SPRING"........Mother nature, getting ready to soon put on some of her finest.....PS......Hope you were under- cover.......to coin a phrase......so as not to get any "crane poop fall-out" on that new "lap-top".......which I almost forgot about.......Have a great day.... Jon Sr.

5. I did get about 2 seconds ov video and I counted 1/2 of 1 of the "V"s... 67 birds!

It was way cool..

6. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i got to see trumpeter swans late last year.that was the 1st time i had ever saw them.they sure had a different sound!

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

The red winged black birds have been active latley on the hatchery ponds. First sign of sping I've noticed!

8. duckman

duckman Dr Data

We are seeing all sorts of ducks in Columbus Redheads, Scaup, bufflehead, name one and you can probably see it right now ....

last weekend I was driving by an open pond and I had to do a double take ... at first i thought it was the usual geese but there were Canvas Backs in there ... pretty cool