close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saw a HUGE Buck today!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Nov 5, 2004.

1. It was a MONSTER!!! In Akron on Portage Path, between Portage CC and Stan Hywet Hall, there was a GIGANTIC 12 point standing on the side of the road watching cars go by. I wanted to stop and videotape it, but it took off. What a spread on this buck. Real thick neck, the body was HUGE!!! Man, I know if you avid hunters would have seen this HAWG you'd still be shaking your heads. He was a GIANT.

2. catking

catking Banned

I saw one a couple years ago that looked like an elk :eek: Big thick neck, with long hair hanging from it. 18 points is all I could count. Came 25 feet from the side of the house. Biggest darn thing I've ever seen...... CATKING

3. Isn't it amazing how deer like that elude the hunters for all that time and then you see them right out in the open where they shouldn't be! This is the time of the year to see that type freak thing though.... Would have been neat to see. Hopefully it doesn't get hit by a car.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Saw one in Doylestown 2 years ago while doing an install. He was with a small herd. I have never seen a buck so big! I told the owner of the home about it and he knew exactly what I was talking about, He said that buck was there all the time and was over 20 points. It honestly looked like a small elk it was so big!

5. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

something like this?

Attached Files:

6. Whow Hetfieldin Who Got That Biggy?.the Reason You See So Many Around Towns Is You Cant Hunt Em.they End Up Getting Hit By Cars.....

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

That deer was shot in Harrison County last year. It ran straight at me. I shot a buck (a lot smaller) the day before, so I didn't shoot at it (of course). After I picked my jaw up off the ground, I tried to spook it to Al (the guy in the pic), and it headed right for him over a hill. I heard a shot, and walked his way. There he stood with the biggest smile I have ever seen, next to the biggest deer I have ever seen.

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Great story Hetfield, even better you went with your instincts and didn't shoot :)

I'm sure a lot of guys would of just thrown caution to the wind and shot it, a lot of respect for ya there.

9. Yep, it was about that big. What a monster. I bet you're still smiling!!!

10. I grew up in Harrison County, my family still has 300 some acres there...great place to grow up and hunt.

11. Triton Bill,what Part Of Harrisson Co. Did You Grow Up In?i Hunt Near Tappan Lake...

12. near Hopedale, Ohio.. out in the woods! haha