close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

saugeyes?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SAUGER, Mar 23, 2005.

1. im new to this area and going fishin a couple of days next week. wonderin if anyone is catchin any eyes in alum creek or buckeye lake area. about where you are catchin them.

2. Someone just posted today about catching a few at Hoover spillway. Deer Creek spillway is always a good place to try also and if you go through the week you wont have much of a crowd.
    Welcome aboard!

3. Heard Of Anyone Catching Eyes On The Main Lakes Or Mostly Just In The Spillways.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

haven't heard any news on alum.a few fish were caught at buckeye,in the tourny,over the weekend.fished hoover monday,with no luck.i think buckeye might be the best choice for now.i don't know what produced in the tourny,but if i were to fish it now,i would probably be "thinking" shallow.

5. At Buckeye Lake you definitely are thinking shallow!

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D got me on that one ;)
    i'm talking 1-2 feet.i'm not sure of water temps,but i'd guess in the 40's,possibly high 40's.when the temps get to pushing that 50 mark,that depth is where i find them in certain areas.

7. buckeye is starting to get going only a small one here but have seen a cple nice one and the crappie seem to be just above em
    ________
    VAPORIZERS

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  8. fet

fet

Fished Buckeye 3 days and the fish are definately out of the deep holes. The main lake was 43-44 depending on which bank. Water in canals and the far E and W ends are considerably warmer. I found 50* in one canal on the S bank. The crappie are biting and are in 4-5fow. Most are suspended a couple feet down in and around the docks. I saw a bass guy throwing a Roadrunner catch about 20 crappie off 1 dock. Probably had 10+ keepers.

The saugeyes are on the move but afternoons seems to be the best bite. I found good fish in a canal one day , but as always, they nowhere to be found the next day. Once you find them they will hit. I had my best luck on gold Vibe's and when that slowed down I caught fish on slipbobbers and shinners or chubs. Amy's Bait shop has all the bait you could want. Shinners were $4.00 a doz. Good luck!