close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saugeyes at Indian Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by HAIR JIG, Dec 6, 2004.

1. eyes are starting to stack up in the moundwood channel. limit yesterday and this morning- huskey jerks and smitkwhicks-real nice fish 3to 4lbs.-have heard the night bite is even better -will try evening bite tomorrow night. key to fishing suspending baits is weight them so they stay put when you are not reeling them in -best luck on a stop and go retrieve fished real slow {reel 2cranks-stop for at least 5sec.then reel 2cranks}most hits right now have come when the bait is completly stoped--90% of all fish hit the back treble hook this time of year {for me } what i am trying to say is this is why it is so important to have a balanced plug. --it's like the eyes are sneaking up on the stick bait.-- they don't hit it hard just a little tap even when using fireline just a small tug. it dosen't cost anything to set the hook. My buddy just rang the doorbell and is holding two 7 lbs. he just caught on the south bank fishing the same way.

2. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

How do I get to this Moundwood area from Marysville? Can I fish it from shore and if so, what is the best pound test to be using...8lb or 10lb or is something else the preferred choice? What size smithwicks or husky jerks? I have never fished this lake, nor have I fished it from shore and would love to catch a bigger saugeye..any help is much appreciated. Also, can you fish this lake all night?

Thanks in advance,
    Will (la2ohio)
    cadethardy@yahoo.com
    :)

3. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

How do you weight the baits? I take it it depends on the exact lure you're fishing?

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I would think you could just buy a suspending crankbait like a smythwick rouge suspending or something like that.

You could probably just add a small split shot to your line. Or what I have done in the past is add some Sticky Weight to the bait. Sticky weight is made of tungsten and is 30% heavier than lead. Bass Pro Shops caries it.

:)

5. Linda

Linda

Take 33 to the Huntsville exit (about 25 minutes). Turn right onto 117 (north) Go through Huntsville to State Route 366 and turn left. Follow 366 about 4 miles to the Moundwood entrance on the right. This is State Route 368. Follow 368 to Moundwood State Park Ramp. (about 1/4 mile)

Check out "Lets Talk Fishing" on the indianlake.com website. http://indianlake.com/talkfish.htm -
    Love to have you.
    webmaster@indianlake.com