Saugeye

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Juan More Fish, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

Im going fishing at Oshan tonight about 5.
    Ill be looking for the Misterious saugeye.:)

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

good luck! report back !

3. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

maybe saugeye fishing aint for me:confused:
    I use rapala suspended clowns, Rogues, and twister tails. I only get a 8 inch saugeye.:mad:

4. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

don't give up, just wait for the spring run. That and I thnk that Oshay is a lost cause.lol

5. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Hang in there, it took me awhile to get the hang of saugeye fishing. All my fish have come late this season..from 11PM till Midnight. Before and after that window have been a bust for me. You might think about trying Indian or Buckeye where the fish seem to be more cooperative. Alum seems to be "spotty" although they all are, Buckeye and Indian both have more well known spots where people get them regularly.:D

Don't forget live bait, bass minnows through the lips on a floating jighead about 8" above the weight. Fish tightline with this setup or you can use a slip bobber, hook the minnow just under the dorsal fin towards the tail be careful not to hit the bone. Experiment with different depths, this is why I use a slip bobber it's quick to adjust. During the day I fish the bottom at night I'll use the bobber and keep it close to shore.