close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

saugeye

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Girl With A Pole, May 30, 2007.

1. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

havent caught any in a while, been focusing on the bass and carp-(brandons favorite fish- mainly because it remnids him of his hs girlfriend)

where are saugeyes at, anything good about hoover lately?

its close and easy, and until we get around to updating tags on the trailor, thats where the boat is. ha

2. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

[​IMG]

Which ones the g-friend?? hehehhe

3. Girl With A Pole

they both look like they have gaping mouths and few teeth... i bet he would take either.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

i got a fish ohio S-Eye out of Buckeye Lake last year while Cat fishing. not sure if they are rare in there or not. dont fish for them to often. but if ya target them who knows.

5. I have been hitting Greenlawn recently, never had been out there, and have been catching sauger (i think it is sauger, could be saugeye--Folks out there have been calling them both), smallies, crappie, and catfish. Haven't gotten any white bass or largemouth yet.

It has been fun wading the Scioto and catching things you would need a boat to go after in a lake.

Seems like you would have to tag up that boat to go after the saugeye in Hoover, however I have seen a guy pull out a decent sized one out of the Duck Pond at dusk while we were fishing for white bass.

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

cassy
    you should try greenlawn and waterworks on the scioto because
    its really close to you. you may want to take waders to get to the productive spots unless the water is low. and dont forget to take a beating stick as well because the area can be shady @ times.

7. Shepard

Shepard Shepard

cassy,

Doing pretty well on saugeyes this last month here in east central Ohio, our tournament circuit runs thru 11 lakes in this area. If you’re headed this way, let me know and I’ll hook you up with a hot bite.

8. Girl With A Pole

how bout a big no on the pickel park that is green lawn

9. JamesT

JamesT Banned

Will you hook anyone besides Cassy up with a hot bite?

Nive first post. welcome to the board!

10. If it is one of those places where men pick each other up for certain activities, put Alum Creek on that list too. The first time I went to Alum about 10 years ago was for a family reunion in the dead of summer. I decided to walk around and look for places to throw in the next time I had my gear, and guys in suits and casual wear are coming out of the woods. Didn't take a phone call to Rip Taylor to figure out what was going on.

I don't think I would night fish around Greenlawn though without the .40 accessible.

I have been around the Twin Bridges area at Hoover at around 10 pm and thought some of the characters around there were pretty shady and drunk. I have seen a man with his family throwing a beer out of the car right after doing donuts in the lot and dropping a lot of "F-bombs" in front of his little daughter.

My favorite was the family of losers that had Wendy's on that little point next to ramp and decided to leave everything there when they left, ignoring all of the trash cans that line the area.

Seems to me idjits are everywhere when I am trying to fish or scout. Last Monday at Greenlawn a guy came over to talk and just began casting right where I was, on top of me, he freaking caught a sauger right where I was and I was happy when it got off before he could land it. He looked down towards the Greenlawn Bridge and saw a guy doing well over there and you guessed he went over there and stood right on top of him and began catching fish.

11. I don't know about Greenlawn but Whittier ramp is notorious for that type of activity. I guess that is the same area but I would never fish down there at night. I live right next to R&R bait & tackle so Greenlawn dam is within walking distance and I never fish down there. There are much better spots on the Scioto without all the hassles you run into down there. If you wanna see a zoo, check that place out on a year they have a decent white bass run. People will be shoulder to shoulder with stringers as far as the eye can see. Its like alot of places around Columbus, if you want to have peace and quiet down there, fish it in the middle of a rain storm. You will have it all to yourself and probably catch some fish.

Jake

12. Girl With A Pole

yeah= i can walk to greenlawn . weird i never notice the HORRIBLE SMELL until i fished it at the beginning of the season.

only thing that was worse...
    the people stringing fish to take home....
    i puked in my mouth a little when i saw that.

ha

13. Girl With A Pole

http://www.10tv.com/?story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200705/1970522115.html

ok, so this was on the news a few weeks ago...

you have to watch the movie... the old man admits hes a great grandparent, the undercoverness of the camera is literally hiding it in a box with a hole cut out, one man does his interview while still exposing himself...

and about 3 mins into it someone uses a "hand signal" that i tend to see Shake doing at work just before going on breaks with his techy friends...

enjoI

14. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

this phenomenom is actually pretty interesting. I had a friend who did his masters thesis in psychology on public 'bathhouses' or whatever you want to call them.

while I do find it reprehensible, and not at all good for the parks system, this problem is ultimately the by product of so many years of repression. this is why most of these men tend to be married (which is pointed out in the article).

as far as saugeye go, I have done well at Buckeye Lake. this was earlier in the spring/winter though, and I probably would avoid it now due to increased pressure.

15. Shepard

Shepard Shepard

Sure let me know which lake and I'll tell you what I know.