close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saugeye

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SteelieHunter, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Hello everyone! Just a quick question, I wanted to try out some saugeye fishing this fall. My questions are....Im from Parma and wanted to know the closest lake/pond to catch saugeye and second, I dont have a boat so is there somewhere i can shore fish for them? Any advise would be appriciated.

2. Try Tappan. 1.5 hrs south of you. Take 250 east off 77. Stay on 250, you'll run into it. Various launches off 250. Try jig and minnow on either side-whichever way the water flow seems to be thru the culverts from the main lake into/out of the bays north of 250.That is fish the side of the pipes the flow is moving towards. Also goodcrappie, (clean) white bass, walleye, cats, etc. ps-Don't go the week of Nov. 29 thru Dec. 5-it gets really scarey down there around that time!!

3. Thanks for the info! I will give it a try

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I would go down to 72nd street in parma for some walleye, guys have been getting them down there everynight, I have been fishing out of the boat but shore guys are casting Hj's and pulling them, give it a shot you won't be dissapointed. I landed on 15 feet from shore pulling into the bay last night it was within casting distance from shore that fish weighed almost 9lbs.