close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saugeye rigs ... any advice ??

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Tadpole, Apr 8, 2005.

1. can anyone give me some tips for fishing for saugeyes with floating jig heads & minnow. I was told to try tying a double rig with one jig at bottom and another about 18"above ... i tried that and had some luck catching a few but was wondering if i had my split shot right ? should it be above both jigs ? i tried another set-up with a small bell sinker at bottom and a floater w/ minnow about 18"-24" above that and just casted out and sort of tight lined.
    I'm rather new to this saugeye stuff and would love to know more about how to catch them. I fish mostly lakes from the bank and below spillways. Thanks for any suggestion and Good Fishing !!

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

when fishing the double jig setup,use regular leadhead jigs/twisters.usually two 1/8 jigs are eneough or 1/4 on the bottom with 1/8 ounce above,about 18 inches.
    for floating jig and minnie use an egg sinker or walking sinker about 18 inches above.sinker on main line,then a swivel.attach jig with 18 inch leader.leader length can vary,but that usually what i use.hope that helped a little.