close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saugeye on the flats?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishzilla, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Has anyone had any luck yet? Tahoe, trucked or any other 'eye guys? I can't catch one to save my life. Of course i haven't been out as much as I'd like either. Are they moving up onto the flats yet? Man I am getting desperate! :(
    If I thought I could stand to eat a carp I would stock up on corn :p :)

2. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

:confused: where do you mean by "the flats?" what lake?

3. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Try a small one, 1-1.5 lbs. Fillet off any dark meat and cook as usual. You'll be amazed.

4. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

I switch from eyes to smallies after spring officially ends, the eyes will be hard to come by during the day....but can be caught in the shallows during the night....Try fishing the deepest, fast, holes during the day

5. DuV

DuV

Ray, I am sure your right. A guy I use to work with was telling me he does not keep IL saugeye unless they are a solid 12 inches. :eek: He fishes down there with a number of his family members so I am sure they are putting a dent in the dink population.Sure makes the future look bright if the newbees (or oldbees) think this way. DuV :confused:

6. Sorry dfox-I have major computer problems and most of the time I get a runtime error on this site. Adware and spyware are killing me. Anyway about the flats- saugeye tend to move onto flats or humps from time to time after the early spring. My best days have been fishing in 4-8 fow. This year it seems as though the pattern has changed. Ray thanks for the link. DuV-12" :mad: My self imposed limit is 15"

7. DuV

DuV

Fishzilla,I agree with you, I wonder why this guy doesn't just go perch fishing.DuV :confused:

8. muskiehunter

muskiehunter Was that Bass 5lb?Burp!

Your Right Shetland is good prepared that way....Now what do we do with the carp?:D

9. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

cause i don't fish for baby perch! fishzilla (cool name) i call these shoals. that's what i wanted, to be sure of what you meant. i do the shoals at night at alum. sometimes they are good, sometimes they just suck. i don't know what is the determining factor. just sometimes one thing works, next time it doesn't. i like to fish close to the deep drop offs but still on the shoal. at least, i always catch kitties!! and i always use LIVE bait or twister's with a bass minnow.

10. Me and eddie are going to hit the flats tomorrow night. Ill be posting pics i hope :D :cool: :D