close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saugeye help!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pitbullfisher56, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, I have been reading on the saugeye run down in the SE part of ohio namely wills creek, etc. I am looking to get some info as to when it would be a good time to go (late march?? etc.), what are some ideal baits/set ups to catch them on, and what are some good spots to go to. And if anyone lives nearby to a good fishing hole could I contact you to get creek/river conditions. Thanks in advance.

2. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

right now, vibee's, points and other structure in around 15 - 20 ft of water
    tim

3. does it get better in march or april? Alot of people tell me to use 1/8 or 1/16 round ball jig heads with 3" grubs or ribbed grubs or rib worms. Also, is wills creek damn any good or is there some other better spots down in that area. Thanks for the feedback.

4. The last of march the saugeye start to bite in wills creek and will continue to untill warm weather. 1/4 oz. jigs with twister tails are my first choice, then minnow type stick baits and then live crawlers hooked thourgh the head once with just enough split shot a foot above the hook to keep it on the bottom. Below the dam at wills creek is a good place to fish and below the dam at salt fork is too. Salt fork runs into wills creek. Any place on wills creek you can find riffles fish above and below them that,s were the fish will be. I live close to wills creek and the waters high right now. I fish it all the time. If you'd like to contact me on water conditions you can reach at rainmaker1222@yahoo.com

5. MOBY

MOBY

Tusc river NOW!!!!!! Behind Buehler's!! On tubes and jig worms. Also on berkley gulp bait. No technique. Just cast and try different speeds. Baitcaster is best reel to use bout now. Everything seems to want to run a drag. I had my 15 foot Lowe on the Tusc today, caught 12 of them between 5 and 10 inches. I used my new Quantum Energy PTX. Paid 199 bucks for it. Was some good fishing

6. hey moby were you fishing directly behind beuhlers or down by the falls. I fished the dover treament plant area for 3 hours today without a hit.

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

fished 2 hours on the stillwater today. didnt have a hit !!!

8. hey thanks for the input guys ecspecially rainmaker I will definetly take you up on that water condition info when needed. Rainmaker you have any luck with the ribbed worms, ribbed grubs, and or tubes at wills or salt? Thanks and if anyone is looking for river conditions for the rocky river for steelhead shoot me an email at elitepitbull@yahoo.com or pm me, I live 20-25 mins from it.