Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
John
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
New to the forum. Was wondering if anyone could help with saugeye fishing at Salt Fork? I've caught a few saugeye there but nothing real consistant. Wondering how deep they ussually catch them during the summer months.
Anyway hope to meet up with some of the other fisherman on here.

·
Registered
667 Posts
First off, welcome to the site! I am not familiar with Salt Fork specifically but, I generally find them in 6-15' of water this time of year. Look for sand/gravel bottoms on main lake points or directly adjacent to deeper water/weedlines. I have found they will move up shallower in the evenings mostly sometimes 4' of water even. Sandbar flats tapering into deep water and/or near weeds also produces a good combination for them. I have done well throwing small jigs with various offerings attached and even floating minnows near the bottom across the sandbar flats is productive for me. Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey Thanks for the info!
I'll be giving that a try!
Your welcome and please post results. I am curious as to what you come up with up there at Salt Fork! Oh, and also, you can catch them using husky jerks, shad raps, hot n' tots, and norman deep tiny n's have produced fish for me in these same areas.....chose your poison! Best colors seem to be firetiger, natural shad, perch, and various purples and orange patterns. You make me want to go get on some eyes now! Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts