close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

saugeye fishing in the chillicothe area

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jonny45601, Mar 8, 2005.

1. I was just wandering if anyone knew where the good saugeye or crappie fishing was around the chillicothe/circleville area. I like to fish the paint creek area, but I seldom catch any keepers.

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I catch some at paint creek but that thing gets more crowded every year, it just dont seem worth to me somtimes, to many idiots doing to many stupid things. Sorry for negitiveness just being realistic. just my 7 cents

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I live in Chillicothe, your best bet would be Paint creek spillway, but what Trap says is true..You might also try the scioto river...You might also try Ross Lake for Crappies.

4. catking

catking Banned

The real big boys are in Paint Creek lake itself, not below the spillway . In the very late fall, down by the Marina you can get them from the bank....... THE CATKING !!!

5. As the year moves on, all those saugeye that didn't get caught at the spillway find there way into the slower moving holes downstream. I grew up in Chillicothe and have had some very good days wading on Paint even into June/July. Also, don't overlook the North Fork of Paint Creek or the Scioto. None of these spots is more than 5 miles outside of Chillicothe.

P.S. Don't overlook Yoctangee park for springtime largemouth.