Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out with my little bro and a few other guys yesterday afternoon to a Central Ohio river for some feesh action.

I hate to admit, but I got outfished bigtime in the sauger/saugeye area by everyone else:(

My total was:

2 smallmouth bass (which made 100 for the year:D)
2 Saugeye
1 Sauger
1 Whitebass

My brother got a nice 16" spotted bass and over 10 sauger/eye to himself. The other two probably caught 15-20 sauger/eye between both of them.

The only two nice ones I saw come out was a 17" saugeye from me and a big sauger from my brother. Probably also 17".

We had three snag and releases.
1 smallmouth buffalo and 2 channel cats.

All and all it was a great evening although I couldn't coax as many giant darters as they could...offroading on the way out sure was fun though:D

·
Banned
798 Posts
you are the jesus of saugar/saugeye. You make me jealous all the time.. Was talking about your sweet eye skills last night while getting skunked on the river...

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm more of the Czar of baby sauger/eyes. Let us not forget that I have gotten multiple 20.75" eyes this year but nothing over 21" :(

I forgot to mention....fish were caught on the jig/twister combo and husky jerks. Saugeyeslayer was using a double twister rig. They were hitting the top jig every time surprisngly.

·
Banned
798 Posts
you guys and your husky jerks. I bought the mega load of jerks last year. I have spent countless hours using them, have yet to land a single fish on them.. I don't get it. They look deadly in the water.

·
Registered
537 Posts
you guys and your husky jerks. I bought the mega load of jerks last year. I have spent countless hours using them, have yet to land a single fish on them.. I don't get it. They look deadly in the water.
Jerks are amazing. I fish them slow and get a bunch of good LM. But congrats kyle. Sounds like you are still doing well. I drove to the maumee last night and didnt fish. Future thank you for not asking me why i didnt lol haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts