Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy hit the water about 8:45 a.m. sat just outside of wild wings. less than 2 hrs for a nice limit, 18-21" fish. all on purple hair jigs tipped with minnows. very soft bite, worked well with large shiners hooking the main hook from the bottom side of the minnow just past the gills up thru the top and hooking the stinger near the tail. couldn't count all the boats out there this morning. mile long pack about from turtle creek toward the east. mile or less off shore. northeast wind was really picking up when we headed in around 10:30. when's the weather gonna be nice to us

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Good job. And thanks for posting. Gives me hope for next weekend. Weather looks to be cooperating so far for the Outing, but that can change (I hope not). I'll be there anyway, looking for a window to get out. I hope someone warns Happy Hooker to have plenty of minnows on hand for the weekend. I'd hate to be at the end of the line and they run out.

Will be packing my gear and loading the boat through the week. See you there.

·
Bambi slayer
93 Posts
the best time of the year to catch fish is now,,,along with the worst fishing conditions and muddy water====I'll stay away until may,tired of coming up and getting blowed off or its snowing or raining,,,what a lake,but I still love it

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I was on the west end of the pack (there was a huge pack further east) with CW261 and another buddy. We jigged up a three man limit in about two hours. The first drift got us six walleyes (lost one of them at the boat), and the second drift got the final seven. Wanted to C&R for a bit, but the wind was a bit chilly. Hit Jolly Rogers on the way home for some lobster bisque and a perch sandwich.

All fish were caught in 12' of water. Purple jig with a chartreuse belly and a big minnow.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Fished the MI waters of Erie and had our six man limit (30 fish for MI) by 1:00 or so. Blades are still working better for us, pulling 70% of the fish.

Rebel, I got your message, but my cell phone phone book it DOA???? Once it decides to work again I will give you a holler.

Looking forward to the outing next weekend.

JD

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good job to all you die hards. What was the water condition today? Temps & Clarity? A lot of good eaters to be had for those willing to brave the weather.

·
761 Posts
I wouldn't call it muddy, but the visibility was not good - you could not see the prop on the outboard.

We forgot to check the water temp, but I don't think it's over 40. I know it was dern cold when pulling in the drift sock.

·
Charter Captain
712 Posts
:confused: 38-39 degrees. Didnt get out till after the wind started to pick up and it got tough that happened We only got 5 for 3 of us. still a good day on the water. water was stained pretty good, but not muddy.

·
Time to fish!
4,987 Posts
i was down taking the tarp off the boat today at west harbor wish i was on the water hit margereta vill with a few charter captins tonight (hawgins islander ect) came out and it was snowing hard hope it stops by morning the grass is covered now and still snowing i got a boat to wax tommrow :(

·
Walleye Killer
507 Posts
Went out with the Warf on Saturday. Had the Stern on the Waterfox- me and pops caught limit and an extra, we lost about 4 each. Many people on the boat gave up by 11:30. I thought it was an okay day- people just don't understand that you have to work in the spring- not like dragging a worm harness in the summer. Can't wait til next Saturday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts