Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been up to the lake for a month. Any suggestions on perching out of west harbor. Taking my 83 year young father in law fishing.

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
630 Posts
Have not been out in a week but i will be out there tomorrow out of east harbor. Give me a shout if you would like. Will start looking south east of monument then work north from there.

Larry
Soonfeeder on 79
Sent via Droid Bionic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoonfeeder- how did you do? We didn't see anyone around the monument so we kept going north. Tried three or four spots in the big pack of boats east of North bass. Not much there. Tried the pack north of north bass and was about the same. Tried the pack north west of north bass and picked up about 35. Very slow. Great day on the lake. 83 year young father in law caught the first perch and the biggest-about 11". It wil give him something to brag about for awhile.

·
630 Posts
We started by monument but did not stay long. Fished Lucy's point ended with 29. Very slow.

Larry
Soonfeeder on 79
Sent via Droid Bionic

·
Registered
286 Posts
Larry
I will be out in the morning as well. Feel free to give me a call on the VHF, I will have it on 79 as well. My name is Russ and the boat name is Hooked Up. Hopefully one of us will be able to get on some fish without having to burn $500 in fuel.

If you really get on them please call me on my cell @ 419-376-9399

Russ

·
3,479 Posts
West Sister Has been On fire out west since Friday ! I realize that maybe be a Little ride but ? They are catching fish there ! And good numbers ! I Caught mine way North today 23 Miles from west harbor ! But Had 150 limit catch IN less than 4 hours !

·
Registered
44 Posts
West Sister Has been On fire out west since Friday ! I realize that maybe be a Little ride but ? They are catching fish there ! And good numbers ! I Caught mine way North today 23 Miles from west harbor ! But Had 150 limit catch IN less than 4 hours !
I went way NE of Kelly's Saturday near the border and did well also. Had an instructional morning for fall walleye around the reefs then hit the perch. Never moved, but took awhile to get them going. Once they started and a the boats thinned out it was better as the day went on. Good size range, no major jumbos,but made the customers happy. Lot of nice size white bass caught also which means plenty of bait in the area. Great fall day on the water. The pea soup inside the island area is bad to say the least. Next trip I may go further east yet. Should be a better grade a few miles east of K Shoal this time of year. Done it before, just a long run that way also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts