close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saturday November 20th @ 9:00 am. Mark a Map Day

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Nov 5, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

The date has been set. Saturday, November 20th at 9:00 am. The location is going to be West Branch. We will meet at the Rock Springs Road Ramp. I believe this is considered the West Ramp.

The plan is this. I will be giving out lake maps at the ramp. You will be assigned a section of West Branch to scout out. When I say scout, what I mean is finding new places to fish that look promising. If you have a fish finder that would be a very good tool to use...haha...Also if you have a GPS that would also be a bonus. If you have an under water camera, well then you cooking with gas. You are going to find in some sections of the lake that there is going to be alot of good spots that you now could consider a good spot, the reason is the lake is way down, and you can see old road beds and some humps that are sticking out of the water. What I am going to ask everyone who shows is this, give me 5 spots in your section. What this means is you might find 10-15 spots or even more. All I ask for is 5. If we get 10 people to give 5 spots, then thats 50 SPOTS!!!!!!! Keep the rest for yourself. Thats kind of an added bonus I guess. You can mark a map with the other "Secret" spots of your own.

Then at 12:30, we will meet back at the Rock Springs Road ramp and I will collect the data. When I get home, I will compile all this data into one, and then make a nice map for all those whom participated.

How I will distribute this map is probably by mail, so when you get at the ramp, I will get your address so that I can mail it too you. I am planning on this map being pretty big. When I say big, it will most likely be somewhere in the range of 3'-5' long/wide.

If you guys would like to do a little cookout, pending weather that is, then I have no problem with that. Something as simple as dogs,bergers, chips, and pop would work. If eating sounds good to you guys, then I just ask someone to step up to the plate and organize it. I can get it started by bringing some dogs and buns.

HotDogs: Ksuflash (2 packs) more dogs would be needed.
    Dog Buns: Ksuflash (2 packs) more buns would be needed
    Burgers: Parrothead Jim
    Beans: Parrothead Jim
    Pop:Jig
    Plates/Forks/Napkins: Fish 4 Bass
    Condiments:
    Pop:TxTransplant
    Chips:TxTransplant
    Charcol/Lighter fluid: Parrothead Jim
    Other stuff:ruminator bringing dougnuts,reel lady bringing something sweet.

Like I said, if someone wants to coodinate this then by all means, speak up. I won't be able to do this as well as do the map stuff. If nobody wants it, then we will scrap that part.

---------------------------------------------------

Now onto some other business:

Those who show up to the outing will get a Free copy of the map that I generate. If 10 people show up, then thats all I print. I feel it isn't fair for me to print more than that and sell them to cover my costs. I am fortunate enough to have come into contact with someone that will print them for me and those details are still being worked out. If anyone would like to donate any money to me for this, I will tell you I will accept the money, but all of it 100% will go to our member Steelhead1 and his family for his ill daughter.

Now what I ask of you is this, I am confident that all the hard work that we put in together will pay off, and the map should look pretty impressive, and you may want to give it to your buddies, but I ask that you keep the sharing of the maps to a minimum, due too as Ruminator has pointed out, 50 specific spots on a lake are alot in my opinion, and I wouldn't want to hurt the fishery by giving it out to all my buddies. Everyone that I know whom I fish with should be there, so I don't have to worry about them trying to bum a copy of it from me. Obviously I can't stop anyone from doing this, but I would hope that we don't go there.

And lastly, I need to get some commitments from people due too as I look at the West Branch map, I will be breaking it down into section and assigning people a section prior to Saturday. This will help stream line any confusion about where to go. So speak up and let me know if your showing. Those whom would like to show but don't have rides, please speak up as well. We always find a way.

I will continue to update this post with info....so speak up and let me know if you are comming and if you have a boat, and if you want to eat, and if so what your bringing....

Ksuflash-----Paired up with TxTransplant
    Jig
    Ncraft150
    Parrothead Jim--open seat
    TritonBill-----paired up with Fish 4 Bass
    TxTransplant-----riding with flash
    Exexec-------------open seat
    Fish 4 Bass--riding with Triton Bill
    Ruminator---------bringing Lewzer
    Lewzer---------comming with rumi if he can
    Reel Lady--------bringing their boat
    ReelMan--------driving Reellady and 2 others if needed
    fffffffffffffffish-----------late afternoon

2. Sounds Great!it Will Be Nice To Have A Nice Map Of That Lake. Dnr Maps Are Nice But Dont Show Alot Of Detail. I Log Alot Of Things I Find And The Two Most Important Are The Two Points That Are Not Marked Very Well. One Off The East End Ramp(was Closed) And The Other Just East Of Goose Island. Both Are Not Marked On The Lake And Are Only Acouple Feet Deep. Also They Are Going To Release Pheasants West Of Rock Spring Bridge The Next Couple Weeks. Saftey First! Afternoon Snack Sounds Good! Pop It Is! Jig :)

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Count me in Ben. I'll have the ole Bass Tracker in tow!!

4. Ben , you can count me in and I will have an open seat if someone needs a ride. I have a fishfinder, Vhf and GPS on board. I will also bring charcoal and lighter fluid left over from the spring outing. Is there any grills at the west ramp? I know they have a bunch of them at the east ramp. I`ll see if I can get some hamburgers and buns from work. ......JIM

5. I would love to take part but I will be on stand in Northern Wisconsin for the opener of the Gun Deer season. It's an annual event that I wouldn't miss for anything. Hope you all have fun and stay warm.

Jet

6. I'll be able to make it! I have a GPS, Handheld GPS, Underwater camera, vhf, boat,etc

One thing to think about. Depending on water clarity the upper end is usually clearer. People with Underwater cameras might be better off on the end by the dam rather than below rock springs road. Just a thought.

Looking forward to it. I may have to leave earlier than I like since I have a wedding to goto Saturday afternoon/evening.

Fish 4 Bass is planning on riding with me.. updated 11/9/04

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Damn,

I was hoping it was on the 14th. I may be able to make it. I highly doubt it. As I mentioned to someone else, it may not be in my best interest to attend...I'll PM you Ben if I can come but I wouldn't know till the 19th or the morning of the 20th.

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

We are all hoping you can make it, but if not it will be for an excellent reason. ;)

9. Ben
    I want to say that I think you've done a great job settin up "dis ting of ours". I think you must have spent a lot of time carefully thinking it thru-thanks! If I can help feed the masses let me know!

10. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Ben I will bring chips and some pop.

Gene

11. Ben I'll be there. I'll bring plates forks and napkins. I'll be riding with tritonBill,

12. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Ben
    I have to work that day and can not get there until after 2:30 let me know if you will still be there and I will bring you a marked map. or let me know how I can get it to you.

13. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I am still planning on coming. If Lewzer can make it, I'll have him in my boat. I will bring some donuts that we can have before we launch. ;)

14. Rick, I may have to cancel. There's a good chance I'll be asked to work the Akron/Miami football game. It's for the MAC East championship, and with Xmas coming, I can sure use the OT. I'll let you know by Wednesday for sure either way.

15. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

We will most likely be there. The one thing that could get in the way is work. Being that we are a "24 hour" company, we never know when a customers machine may decide to quit. I will keep my fingers crossed.
    We have a depthfinder and now have a underwater cam as well. Sorry, no GPS... that is next on our wish list :D
    We have room for 2 more on the boat if anyone would like to join us :)
    I'll bring something sweet to eat... just not sure what yet.
    Marcia

16. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Carl
    No problem the way the fish have been biting lately I think the game may be more fun.

I see under my name there is a Trader rating what is that?
    Never mind I found it :rolleyes:

17. :) I Talked To The Lake Manager Today And He Might Make It To The Ramp Sat. Morning To See Us Off. Hope It Dont Rain On Our Shindig! :) Could Make For A Cold Start. Thank You! Jig :) :)

18. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

So far the weather is holding at a mostly cloudy high in the mid 50's with a 40% chance of showers. Keep your fingers crossed.;)

19. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'll bring some kind of dessert and If I have time I'll make some venison jerky.

20. See everyone there at 9:00.