close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saturday morning smallie

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Basskisser1, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

We were out at sunrise Saturday morning in our home flow. It had gone up a little from Friday's rain but that was a good thing. I caught a couple of 12 inchers as we worked our way upstream. We were heading to a spot I wanted to hit last time we were there. As we got closer I had a nice hit, set the hook and up jumped a big smallie. He took out some drag then turned to the shoreline behind us. I finally got control and brought him in. It was a fat 17 inch bronze beauty. That's only the second one I've caught this year that big. He really made my day! We ended up catching around 11 smallies for the morning, our best outing since early June.

[​IMG]

2. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Congrats on a very nice fish!

3. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Thats a HOG! Looks like a mans minis one on the rod. Thats a fight to remember, when those big gals jump, they remind me of the great whites in south Africa attacking seals from below and totally clearing the water. Man I love Sm creek fishing, is it the weekend yet?

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

nice fish, did better than me on Saturday.

5. Very nice smallie. 17 inches is certainally something to be proud off. Got to love the fight they put up.