Saturday at Long Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BROTHER B, Mar 29, 2008.

1. BROTHER B

BROTHER B Senior Member

Spent about 6 hours on Long Lake with not a lot to show. In fact nothing. We were after crappie and hit every hole I know and nothing. Fished with 4 other boats that are regulars and to my knowledge not one crappie for anybody. Water temp was 45 degrees. The owner of the bait store on Long said it needs to be about 52-55 deg. to really get 'em going. Did talk to several guys that had about 40-50 crappie all caught in front of Bob's Lake Bar which I believe is the east reservoir. They said they had to leave that area for fear of losing an eye from flying bobbers. Apparently word traveled quick. Water temp there was 51 degrees. Also met some guys at the bait shop that had a really nice showing that were at Nimisila. They used the words "on fire" there. Best day on the water with no fish I must say. Beat the heck out of sitting on the couch reading about fishing!

2. Nice report Brent,glad to see you got out.maybe next time!! did you take dad?

3. BROTHER B

BROTHER B Senior Member

Hey Joe W. Dad didn't make it up. We were actually heading up to Erie in the morning and he didn't want any part of that. We called Craig at Erie Outfitters and he said not to bother coming up, that they were iced in so we headed for the inland waters.

4. Robert Woodson

Robert Woodson Woody in Akron

Hi Fella's,
    My son Bobby and I spent about six hours on Long after stopping at LBF for their sale on Saturday...we took our first Bass of the year, a fifteen incher..so we were happy. Right now, the doggone phone won't send me my pictures, ao when I can I'll post them. Bobby makes a pretty good net man, and we love it when we do it together! The Bass came on the Tusc. with a Texas rigged four inch Blue Berkely Twistertail...we missed a couple others. LIve bait didn't seem to get as much attention, and we did throw out at a couple spots for Crappie with no takers.
    (Best part is that that first fish managed to come on my new outfit...a Daiwa Advantage 153 HSTA mounted on a new Quest 6'6" MH IM-7 rod...now here's a happy guy!)
    Good Fishing,
    Woody in Akron,
    Portage Lakes/Coventry