close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saturday 7 Mile & Indian Creek

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by B1gDaddyT, May 5, 2008.

1. Water was up in both creeks due to the rain earlier in the day and all night Friday. After unproductively wading approximately 1 mile of Indian Creek we made the decision to go to Seven mile Creek.

7 Mile was really up high and moving quite swiftly. The water was 5-10 degrees cooler than Indian creek as well. We threw everything in the bag at them and no takers other than a 10# snapping turtle that took a foul hook in the back leg. Boy was he angry... I thought I had a Fish Ohio smallmouth for sure.

Threw flukes, crankbaits, inline spinners, jigs, tubes ...I woulda sent scuba steve in if he were with me but that didnt work out. Was it just a crappie day with bad water? Any thoughts?

2. Bigdaddy,
    The rain did it in for sat. I hit sevenmile up by Camden sunday and caught 6 smallies and 5 rock bass. Used jigs and small minnow type cranks. Dont give up, just got to catch the water level right.

3. Thanks for the heads up Buckhunter good to know that the new day made a difference. I am gonna try again this weekend...or sooner if time allows.

4. im pretty sure indian creek is gonna need a while to recover from last years lack of rain i fished it last night and all i could manage was a blugill and a small bass.